It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board

HIV Risk: Top, Sores and Condom Misusage

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
advancedsupreme
(male)

advancedsupreme HB User
Question HIV Risk: Top, Sores and Condom Misusage

Hello, I would like to thank all of the experts on this forum for helping spread the awareness and true risks of HIV. I recently had an encounter 7 nights ago. I was a bit intoxicated but very cautious. The “buzz” gave me the courage to meet up with a person I met online. When I arrived, he performed unprotected oral sex. He then proceeded to put on the condom. I was the insertive/top. I was having trouble becoming fully erect, so the condom was not rolled all the way to the base, but definitely covering the opening, head, and foreskin of the penis (I am uncircumcised) We also used lube. I did not penetrate very deep, he could not take it. After about three minutes, he proceeded to take off the condom I had on and continued to give me oral sex in hopes that I become fully erect (hence making it easier for the penetration.) After another three minutes of oral sex, he put on the other condom. This one was rolled down a little more. After I ejaculated in the condom, nothing else happened. I took off.

When I got home, I checked both condoms and began to inspect my penis. I noticed that I had two bumps that look like and/or may have been ingrown pubic hairs or pimple-looking sores on the base of my penis (the part that was not covered by the condom) They did not hurt and were not bleeding, but after I applied alcohol to one of them, it stung a little. I am worried that they may have been exposed to body fluids, therefore putting me at risk for HIV and other STD's.

6 nights later, I am having a burning sensation in my urethra/penis and my testicles seem a little swollen and itchy. It does not burn when I urinate, but its a sensation I have never felt before.

My questions:
1. What is your risk assessment based on this situation. Was I at any risk for HIV for not rolling the condom all the way to the base?
2. Since the condom only covered half of my penis, is possible that his body fluids seeped through the condom and reach the foreskin, posing a risk for HIV?
3. Did the ingrown hairs/pimples put me at risk for contracting HIV?
4. Could I have contracted another STD from the unprotected oral sex and that is why I have a burning sensation in my penis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
SOTM
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: HIV Risk: Top, Sores and Condom Misusage

You were not at risk for HIV at all. Having the head of your penis and urethra covered is all that matters.

So the questions:
1. No
2. No
3. No. Visibly open sores would put you at an increased risk, assuming he actually had HIV. These are not what you describe.
4. Possible, but highly unlikely. Herpes may be a concern....but that is not the point of this forum.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
advancedsupreme
(male)

advancedsupreme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You were not at risk for HIV at all. Having the head of your penis and urethra covered is all that matters.

So the questions:
1. No
2. No
3. No. Visibly open sores would put you at an increased risk, assuming he actually had HIV. These are not what you describe.
4. Possible, but highly unlikely. Herpes may be a concern....but that is not the point of this forum.
Thank you so much for your response.

One last thing, by "visibly open sores" do you mean open sores that are visibly hurting and bleeding? If I rubbed alcohol on them and they stung, does that not mean that they are open wounds?

Thanks once again!

Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
SOTM
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

I'm speaking of open herpes sores or another sore caused by an STD. That is not what you describe

Reply Reply

Tags
hiv, protected, risk, sore, top