It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Hormonal Imbalance

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
    joanne2622
    (female)

joanne2622 HB User
    Hormonal Imbalance

I'm 32, have 1 child (12yo). I'm trying to find out if there are other women with my same issues, or something close, and maybe what others have done.
    After 8 years on birth control, I stopped taking it due to depression, low libido, and I was also having symptoms with my scalp producing way too much oil and making my hair gross. After seeing a dermatologist, OBGYN, and my PCP with no answers, I realized that the hair issue came and went with my period which led me to believe it was hormone related (I was on a low estrogen pill). Since stopping my BC in Feb 2016, my hair has gotten a lot better. I am now having major issues w/ hormonal cystic acne. It is painful, so painful. I've never had acne before, even during puberty and before BC. This acne seems to always happen right around ovulation and it is on my chin and jaw line. My scalp also gets very oily (nothing like it was for a couple months on BC) but still gross. I get migraines for a couple of days after my period that nothing helps. I eat pretty healthy and have cut down immensely on my sugar and dairy intake. I do not drink pop, I drink tons of water, and I might have 1 coffee a day, if that. I take biotin, fish oil, and a womens multi-vitamin. I have just started seeing an endocrinologist - she wants me to do a blood test to check for hormone levels whenever I feel "out of whack" - but I feel like that is too vague. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had any issues similar and if you got blood hormone testing, did you do it when ovulation started? after? etc. I have read so many studies about how blood hormone tests are not really accurate bc the levels can and will fluctuate everyday. I had my hormones tested by my PCP in august, but it was after ovulation and before my period, everything was fine, but that is not during the timeframe that I usually see symptoms.

Last edited by joanne2622; 11-14-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    acne, hormone, hormone imbalance, hormone tests, oily scalp