It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Pubertal Issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
    slimcheese4522
    (male)

slimcheese4522 HB User
    Pubertal Issues

Hello,
    I am a 21 yr old, 5' 10" 200lb male and have not completed full maturity and puberty.
    I started maturing slightly when I reached about 18. Started seeing slight hair growth around genitals, slight hair under the armpit but no facial hair until about 20. I have large amounts of baby fat still, around breast, love handles, etc. I was always athletic, and worked out regularly throughout high school and college, but can never cut weight, even with a good low carb diet. I have worked hard to stay positive that it would all happen naturally, but now that I am graduated from college and working a real job I feel as through I'm needing to find an answer.
    Let me be clear, I still have slight hair growth around the body compared to all of my friends, voice has not deepened, testicals and penis have not grown since I was a boy. I have had very slight maturation. My family has a history of this. 2 of my male cousins on my fathers side both were on testosterone to finish out their puberty. I have been to a local family doctor to explain the issues that I wasn't maturing below the belt, had little hair growth, no voice change, baby fat, and acne issues still. He seemed unconcerned, and gave me the general you might be a late bloomer thing Ive heard a million times. He preformed a blood test for hormone imbalance and said it was normal. Id like an answer, a direction to go, something instead of being ignored. Its been very hard to have to hide this from people my whole life due to its incredible embarrassment. I just want to know If there is something I could try, or what specific type of endocrinologist I should see. I need advice for what may be the cause of this obvious problem. Please feel free to give advice. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Pubertal Issues

Yes, an endocrinologist would be a good place to start. It should be simple enough to find one that treats this with a few phone calls.

Reply Reply