It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

  • Pubertal Issues

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
    slimcheese4522's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Location: Evansville Indiana
    Posts: 1
    slimcheese4522 HB User
    Pubertal Issues

    I am a 21 yr old, 5' 10" 200lb male and have not completed full maturity and puberty.
    I started maturing slightly when I reached about 18. Started seeing slight hair growth around genitals, slight hair under the armpit but no facial hair until about 20. I have large amounts of baby fat still, around breast, love handles, etc. I was always athletic, and worked out regularly throughout high school and college, but can never cut weight, even with a good low carb diet. I have worked hard to stay positive that it would all happen naturally, but now that I am graduated from college and working a real job I feel as through I'm needing to find an answer.
    Let me be clear, I still have slight hair growth around the body compared to all of my friends, voice has not deepened, testicals and penis have not grown since I was a boy. I have had very slight maturation. My family has a history of this. 2 of my male cousins on my fathers side both were on testosterone to finish out their puberty. I have been to a local family doctor to explain the issues that I wasn't maturing below the belt, had little hair growth, no voice change, baby fat, and acne issues still. He seemed unconcerned, and gave me the general you might be a late bloomer thing Ive heard a million times. He preformed a blood test for hormone imbalance and said it was normal. Id like an answer, a direction to go, something instead of being ignored. Its been very hard to have to hide this from people my whole life due to its incredible embarrassment. I just want to know If there is something I could try, or what specific type of endocrinologist I should see. I need advice for what may be the cause of this obvious problem. Please feel free to give advice. Thank you

    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 07-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 20,511
    Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Pubertal Issues

    Yes, an endocrinologist would be a good place to start. It should be simple enough to find one that treats this with a few phone calls.

    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 AM.

    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!