It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Post hysterectomy

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
    Gwilks81
    (male)

Gwilks81 HB User
    Post hysterectomy

My wife has just had a hysterectomy which i am glad she had due to long running health issues - these were having a worsening effect on her.

We have 2 children and married 9 years. I am 36 and she is 38.

It would never have been a factor in deciding on the op itself but i am now realising that it probably spells the end of our sex life. It has never been that frequent due to health issues (maybe every 3 months if i am lucky) and i think a limited interest in sex on my wife's part, apart from when trying for children. When we did do it, she was into it and enjoyed it, i think!

I know that the type of op is what will kill any lingering interest in sex so it's not resentment towards her - i just need to know how i can deal with this. It is heartbreaking for me that we will completely lose that part of our relationship but i want to get over myself although i don't know how. I still have a strong interest in sex with my wife but know, through no fault of her own, it isn't reciprocated.

How do i deal with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2017, 03:27 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Post hysterectomy

I think you need to talk to your wife! I had the same operation in my 40s and years later my husband and I still have a terrific sex life AND I have a sex drive! If anything, once the pain and problems disappeared from my life, (post op) my sex drive came back!

Did she have a partial or complete hysterectomy? Does she still have her ovaries? No matter which one she had, there is no reason for a woman to lose their sex drive completely....there are a ton of supplements to increase it - but I can tell you in my experience, its all in the mind.

What can you do? Wine and dine her like you mean it! Give her every reason to feel desired and wanted- and a day off from being mom- and pamper her during her recovery as this is a tough operation to recover from. Show her that you love and desire her and talk to her about your wants and needs....if she claims she has no desire after all that, take her to the doctor to see what can be done with supplements.

Good luck!

Old 10-15-2017, 05:12 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Post hysterectomy

At 71 my sex drive is great! No period for 14 years but I am on HRT. Be sure your wife talks with her gyno about HRT and other options. There is no reason why your sex life should go away. I'm surprised this wasn't talked about before the surgery!

Reply Reply