It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Not sure if this is thyroid or hormone related

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #1
    stindall
    (female)

stindall HB User
    Not sure if this is thyroid or hormone related

I'm 23 years old recently found out I'm pregnant and extremely stressed I do not have health insurance, but for months I've been experiencing breast pain and swelling 2weeks before my period uncomfortable to wear a supported bra for a long time, some joint pain in my shoulders and the tingling sensations in my arms come and go, the doctor at the clinic told me to decrease my caffeine intake and that he didn't notice anything strange during my breast exam and my pap came back normal, in high school I had cyst problems on my ovaries several rupturing and causing lots of pain, I have since changed my diet and noticed a little difference but a few months ago I noticed that the cavity above my collar bone more on the left side than right was hard. I don't know what to think every thread I've gone though just makes me more anxious and terrified especially now that I'm pregnant.

For a while I was eating a lot of fast food/carbs and did gain weight rapidly went up 2 pant sizes in about a month now that I've actually taken the time to watch what I eat I've lost weight, I have noticed my speech isn't as good as it used to be I'll say words backwards or I'll slur them together at times. I notice when I eat carbs and caffeine that I can "notice" it like my glands in my neck are irritated. I'm not sure I may just be going crazy I feel like. My depression is at a whole new high I make myself do things but could really lay around all day and not think twice about it. I know you can't give me a diagnosis but I just wanted to get this out there for some insight on something from real people

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: Not sure if this is thyoroid or hormone related

The feeling of irritation in the glands in your neck could be thyroid. You may want to have your doctor palpitate your neck and possibly do some thyroid labwork. The changes in ovarian hormones brought on by pregnancy (as well as postpartum and even menopause) can cause thyroid problems which can cause depression as well as a lot of other problems. Thyroid problems are fairly common. Those with a family history are at greater risk... don't know if that applies to you. Best of luck in getting answers!

Old 10-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
    Harri3t
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User
    Re: Not sure if this is thyroid or hormone related

Are you receiving prenatal care? If you suspect a thyroid problem it's important to be checked out during pregnancy as thyroid health can have significant impact on your baby. Please discuss this with a healthcare provider. You may be able to obtain free or low cost prenatal care through a woman's or pregnancy counseling center if needed.

Best wishes for you and your baby

Reply Reply