It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Teen daughter- multiple hormone problems

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
    liziu
    (female)

liziu HB User
    Teen daughter- multiple hormone problems

Hello, this is my first post ever- and- I am hoping for some feedback because I am near my wits end with my daughter's doctors and hormonal/health problems. She is 18, and, has high testosterone, high insulin (insulin resistance), borderline high cortisol, fast heartrate (tachycardia), anxiety, missing menstrual periods, headaches. We've been to pediatric endocrinologist who did bloodwork and ultrsound of ovaries, and, PCOS but ultrasound showed no cysts on ovaries. No acne or facial hair either. She started Metformin and her periods did return (heavy) but are off and on not every month. Nothing else has improved. She's overweight, and, tried to lose weight sometimes and can't. Her heartrate is high all the time, and, when she exercises her heartrate goes up to 180-200 and scares her to death so she doesn't want to do that. None of her doctors have done any imaging tests for adrenal gland tumors/cysts- should they be? I'm worried something is being missed and she is living in misery not feeling well 70% of the time. Should I insist on adrenal gland imaging?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: Teen daughter- multiple hormone problems

Did bloodwork include prolactin level? What about a thyroid panel? Saliva cortisol testing may also be useful to assess adrenal function. You may want to seek out another endocrinologist possibly even a reproductive endocrinologist even though she is not pursuing pregnancy. I hope you get some answers soon. Let us know what you find out.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:02 AM   #3
    mia1990
    Inactive
    (female)

mia1990 HB User
    Re: Teen daughter- multiple hormone problems

Do additional research:
    renal ultrasound, additional blood tests, ECG, colposcopy. In some cases, a device called a cardioverter-defibrillator is implanted in the treatment of tachycardia. Let them do research with contrast good luck

Reply Reply