It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Feeling "drunk", spacey and anxious...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
    satur9poet
    (female)

satur9poet HB User
    Exclamation Feeling "drunk", spacey and anxious...

I wonder if this has anything to do with a hormone imbalance...for the past few months, I've been having on and off episodes where I'd wake up and feel drunk, spacey, disconnected (like I could look at an object and it wouldn't really "click" or something), slightly off-balance, light-headed, and anxious. I feel drunk even though I haven't been drinking. Granted, I like to have my fun on weekends, but this is extreme! I dont know if the anxiety I get is in conjunction with these uncomfortable feelings, or because the symptoms make me anxious. Sometimes it's so bad, I feel like I'm gonna pass out cold or die. It scares me then. I've been having problems with hormones and getting my period most of my life, and my periods usually come late, except for one EXTREMELY heavy one in which I bled heavily for weeks last fall. I wonder if this is all hormone-related?

Last edited by satur9poet; 01-03-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
    Aintgotaclue
    (female)

Aintgotaclue HB User
    Re: Feeling "drunk", spacey and anxious...

Hey Satur9poet,

Not sure why I'm posting or if I can give you any answers but I've been searching for the similar answers for 4 months. I recently stopped Birth Control and have had the most horrific time with symptoms like you.

Its quite hard to explain how I've been feeling but thought I was heading straight for the loony bin ! Really spacey, feeling detatched from my body, drunk, dizzy, unable to think or perform simple tasks, bad mood swings,feeling like I was going to pass out, extreme anxiety along with loads of other stuff. I also believe I had a "bad trip" hallucination the first month although my doc thinks not. Like you say ..... it is " extreme " although no one else seems to understand just how bad your talkin about. As a result I refused to go back to my doc and have searched everywhere online for answers. I found practically nothing !

My research did n't throw up many answers however " I " believe in my case I was having a bad reaction with the the fluctuating hormones which I had never experience before as I was on BC. Especially the huge drop in estrogen immediatley after ovulation on cycle day 16. Estrogen deffinately seemed to play a part as the week before and during my period was much better. I was convinced it was a hormonal imbalance however I had a regular cycle which returned immediately stopping BC, which seems pretty rare so maybe this was my problem.Addrenaline seemed to be the biggest factor so I gave up drinking lucozade glucose drink this month and things were a little better.

I don't know the answers you are looking for but wanted to let you know you are not alone although this seems to be a very rare problem. Maybe between us we will find some though. I deffinately believe it is hormonal but whether it is an imbalance or not I do not know, sorry

Do you chart your cycles or have you seen a pattern to when you seem unwell ? How long have you been experiencing this and was there any factors that could suddenly cause a hormonal change ?

Cutting back on sugar, resting lots, avoiding major stresses and charting my cycles and every little symptom have made things a little better. If I know when I'm going to feel unwell I can pamper and treat myself and basically avoid life till it passes. This is not a long term fix but has helped me cope with another month of hell.

I hope this helps a little till we find some answers, take care and keep your chin up.

Closed Thread