It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Possible hormonal imbalance??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
    sunshyine21
    (female)

sunshyine21 HB User
    Question Possible hormonal imbalance??

I am 24, 130lbs, 5'4" and feed up. First, I have been on birth control for 3 years-first i was on seasonale for 1.5 years I switched to desogen (which is what i am on now) due to consist spotting. So, then I have reoccurring BV during the calendar year of 2007 I was treated 9 times, with flagyl and the vaginal gel. My ob-gyn just says that many women experience this problem. Ok, so next I my sex drive seems to be lowering and I have vaginal dryness, so bad that i have to use lubrication for sex. Other irriating symptoms are fatigue, yeast infections, sweating, 2 miscarriages. I did some research online to figure out what the hell the problem is, and when I researched my symptoms the only thing that seems to come back is that I have a hormonal imbalance. So I asked my ob-gyn if this could be a possible diagonsis to my problems, and she stated that I was too young to have an imbalance. But from what I read online, I am not too young. So I am currently seeking for a new ob-gyn. In addition to this I now have to have my blood pressure monitored weekly, because my lasy reading was 144 over 98

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
    rumpled
    Veteran
    (female)

rumpled HB User
    Re: Possible hormonal imbalance??

You are not too young. Find an endocrinologist.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
    id05546
    (female)

id05546 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunshyine21 View Post
    I am 24, 130lbs, 5'4" and feed up. First, I have been on birth control for 3 years-first i was on seasonale for 1.5 years I switched to desogen (which is what i am on now) due to consist spotting. So, then I have reoccurring BV during the calendar year of 2007 I was treated 9 times, with flagyl and the vaginal gel. My ob-gyn just says that many women experience this problem. Ok, so next I my sex drive seems to be lowering and I have vaginal dryness, so bad that i have to use lubrication for sex. Other irriating symptoms are fatigue, yeast infections, sweating, 2 miscarriages. I did some research online to figure out what the hell the problem is, and when I researched my symptoms the only thing that seems to come back is that I have a hormonal imbalance. So I asked my ob-gyn if this could be a possible diagonsis to my problems, and she stated that I was too young to have an imbalance. But from what I read online, I am not too young. So I am currently seeking for a new ob-gyn. In addition to this I now have to have my blood pressure monitored weekly, because my lasy reading was 144 over 98

Old 03-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
    id05546
    (female)

id05546 HB User

take two folic acid pills and two acidophilis pills each morning they should help. I dont take any more pills from the Dr everyhing they gave me were only fixing the problem for a short time and then it would come back the next week. try this it should help. Also take boric acid vaginally each week or every other day and eat lots of yogurt

Old 04-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #5
    GS1985
    Inactive
    (male)

GS1985 HB User

Incase your wondering I am not male, I am under my bf's name for now until I make my own.

I was told I was too young to have a hormonal imbalance. I found someone who actually listened and found out it was true! My hormone levels were so low. I am 24 as well. I have been doing bio-identical hormones. I think their working to even out my hormones. Bringing up the levels has made me feel better but I am experiencing some unpleasant side effects. But the sweats have stopped and other problems I had. I was on so many diff birth controls before I found out my hormones were screwed up. I also had a miscarriage and was suffering from menopause symtoms. It was horrible and it still is because I am still tweaking the amount of bio-identicals I do... it feels like a neverending thing and I pray for relief soon! I also hope you find some relief. I would go to an endo... I am looking for one.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
    rumpled
    Veteran
    (female)

rumpled HB User

Your whole body balance is off - you are having infections and your hormones are off. I was like this and it was my thyroid and my pituitary. I don't know enough about your other symptoms so hopefully it is something like PCOS (even that is horrid) but you still need to get whatever it is treated and not masked with BCPs.
    Yogurt and vitamins are a good idea. I do that myself. But they will not repair a hormonal imbalance. You need testing.

Closed Thread