It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• pcos, insulin resistance, thyroid, bipolar going nuts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
    Italia 43
    (female)

Italia 43 HB User
    Unhappy pcos, insulin resistance, thyroid, bipolar going nuts

hey hb.. i am a 24 female from ny usa.. been through hell and back in my life.. grew up my entire life with no mother., father was physically and mentally abusive.,. okay my father was the one to drug me up on bipolar medications, so he could get free money from social security by claiming me disabled.. anyhow i am 5 foot 7 290pds.. i cant loose weight at all.. i have hair all over my body and loads on my face.. i used to be 125pds at age 15, before i started bipolar medications.. Now i have stopped bipolar pills on my own for the past 2 years now, because of all these above side effects.. I have polycystic ovarian disease and thyroid issues and insulin resistance.,.,I used to take depekote and zyprexa in the past and found out through research and a doctor telling me these 2 medications have a direct link to pcos, thyroid and insulin resistance issues.. now i have taking metformin and fortamet for the pcos and insulin issues but i cant anymore because of 30 times a day diahreea symptoms.. Also since i have hormonal issues i have sexual identity issues too. i have a deep voice like a guys.. i play football and basketball a lot.. i wear boys clothes a lot. i wear no make up. Plus i am lazy a lot.. a lot of times i even fantasize about having a penis and thinking about getting a strap on.. its really weird.. i need major advice.. sometimes i think i am gay other times i think i am straight.. i am lost.. these hormone issues really screw me up.. help please..

Last edited by Italia 43; 09-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
    knackers323
    (male)

knackers323 HB User
    Re: pcos, insulin resistance, thyroid, bipolar going nuts

hi, go and tell these things to a doctor. yes it might be embarassing andd you might have to search through a few Dr s before you find a good one but you will find one and they will be able to help you. it sounds as if your hormones are out of balance.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Re: pcos, insulin resistance, thyroid, bipolar going nuts

I agree with previous poster. You need to talk to a doctor. It could be that being given bi polar medication at such a young age started things off. I'm sure it wouldn't have helped matters any.

If it's any help, you need to find a doctor who can run a saliva test to test your hormones as that is by far more accurate than a simple blood test. If you do have to do a blood test there are certain times of the day which are best for hormone testing. You don't want a misdiagnosis of low testosterone so blood should be drawn between 8 - 10am as testosterone levels are usually higher first thing in the morning and lower in the afternoon.

Blood should be drawn after day 8 of your monthly cycle and preferably before day 20. a serum sample is preferred over plasma.

The hair issue can be connected to PCOS. You will likely need to speak to a gyno.

If i was in your shoes i'd get my entire health scenario looked at and fixed as much as is possible. I would then, once i'm feeling more healthy, re evaluate the sexuality issues you are having and work out who you are, what you want to be, AFTER you have sorted your health out. There is no point tackeling your sexuality/identity, until you are back on track health-wise. You will likely need to see seperate doctors for seperate things. You will need to be patient as you will likely need to go doctor shopping to find someone who has know how to deal with your particular set of symptoms/circumstances.

Best wishes

Closed Thread