It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Possible hormone deficiency?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
    phoxyphearse
    (female)

phoxyphearse HB User
    Possible hormone deficiency?

I'm a 21 year old female. I'm thinking I might have some hormone issues. I often find dark hairs on my chin, around my nipples, and down a line under my belly button, which I know isn't all that unusual but with the other things I'm experiencing, I think it could be something. I've been having dark, thick, wiry hairs growing on my head lately. I'm naturally blonde with very fine hair so these new hairs are really noticeable. I have almost no breast growth whatsoever, while literally every other female in my family has large breasts. I also have no sex drive whatsoever. I don't know what the problem could be. I've mentioned it to my doctor but since I have regular periods and haven't gained or lost weight, she doesn't think it's an issue. I get headaches all the time, but was told they're migraines, the low breast growth is likely just due to a fast metabolism, and the hair symptoms are just the way my body is naturally. I'm just wondering if it's possible all this is connected to hormones or if I'm just making something out of nothing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
    Re: Possible hormone deficiency?

I would get a second opinion from a different doctor, one that's willing to check your hormones. Just because you're young and have regular periods doesn't mean you couldn't have a hormone imbalance.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
    Ksusha77
    (female)

Ksusha77 HB User

Hi! I just read your post and should admit,KwittyWitty is right suggesting you should try going to another doctor. I have a hormonal imbalance condition which I've been dealing with a few years now,have the same problem as you with excess hair growth(on my nipples,belly,legs and face). My problem was I had to low of progesterone and too high of testosterone,then my estrogen level started to increase. Now I am on birth control pills(Yasmin),which slowly seems to improve the condition. By the way,I also have weight and hair loss issues,which goes hand in hand with hormonal imbalances. Although your periods are regular(unlike mine) you may stilll have some hormonal imbalances.
    Though it may not necesserely be the culprit of your problem,it's always a good idea just to check it and be sure.
    Anyway,I hope you're okay. Also,try not to stress yourself over this problem,as everything is treatable.

Last edited by Ksusha77; 05-31-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:00 AM   #4
    Glenzo
    (male)

Glenzo HB User

You're thinking then you may be low on Oestrogen and too high on Testosterone. How is your libido?

Along with the male traits, ie. hair and flat chest have you noticed any changes with deepening of the voice or enlarged clitoris, as this could be a further indication of too much T in a female??

Closed Thread