It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

What type of doctor should I go to?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1
gmars HB User
What type of doctor should I go to?

Hi, I'm a 19 year old male and I think I may have a hormone problem. It all started when I noticed that my voice has been changing since I was 15, but still hasn't finished. It still sounds high, cracks all of the time, and I have a very hard time reaching high volumes. Also, I have little control over my emotions and will sometimes cry out of nowhere for long periods of time. And lastly, I have yet to develop the muscle tone that guys my age have, and still look really skinny like a 14 or 15 year old would. In the past I have blown off these problems since I thought they would get better as I went through puberty, but now that I'm almost 20 I think it's time to do something. So, what type of doctor would you recommend that I see first? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 19,270
Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: What type of doctor should I go to?

I would say start with a good PCP for a complete physical and go from there.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
My Doc is no help and I need to know what is wrong! HormonalHolly Hormone Problems 0 03-14-2011 07:50 AM
i have high levels of estrogen and low levels of progesterone what does this mean? mtshir75 Hormone Problems 3 04-08-2009 06:21 AM
what might these levels mean? Shannatoo Hormone Problems 1 02-20-2009 03:33 PM
What type of doctor should I see? crystal31 Hormone Problems 2 10-04-2008 01:42 PM
what are the side effects of knowing where you have low hgh curiousleo Hormone Problems 21 04-10-2008 11:34 AM
What type of doctor do I need for hormone help? ScamperFletcher Hormone Problems 1 11-06-2007 07:26 AM
I just don't know what to think...Scared and Confused missy101 Hormone Problems 5 09-29-2007 10:40 AM
help with understanding what the numbers mean tinytoes Hormone Problems 10 06-16-2007 10:28 PM
what kind of doctor wmjsease Hormone Problems 7 11-10-2006 08:06 AM
Not Sure What Is Going On kimberlyk Hormone Problems 0 08-30-2005 07:52 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!