It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Low T and androgel not helping anymore help??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
    lfolt
    (male)

lfolt HB User
    Low T and androgel not helping anymore help??

I am a 40 yo male who has since my 20's known something wasn't right in my body. I was diagnosed with high triglycerides while weighing like 170 at 6'1 at age 25, not sure if this is related but meds aren't really controlling it well since being on lipitor, niacin, and lovaza has at best got my number to 300 from 761 and that was on a nothing white diet. Anyway about 6 months ago I got fed up was forgetting everything dizzy, in like a cloud, no focus, and extremely exhausted all the time so I told my Dr who also was a second opinion to stage 3 kidney disease from another doctor. Anyway they tested my t level and came back 120 something. They ordered some more tests and said it was just my boys were not producing anymore and put me on androgel. Initially my levels got up to 600 but 6 months later my T level is low while my fsh is normal, not sure of the numbers will get those posted next tues when they do ultrasound on my liver which they suspect the elevated liver function may be caused by the androgel. They are now sending me to an endo as they say they are not sure what is going on. How could my levels be low again taking two pumps of 1.62 androgel a day? I am really confused about this. ON top of it I can tell my levels are low as my speech is falling apart again no sex drive at all very forgetful among other things. How could my levels still be low??? Here are the numbers. Testosterone on a normal range of 249-836 I have a 141 free testosterone on range of 47-244 I have 33.3. My AST is 44 on a range 0-37 and ALT is 93 on a range of 0-40. Non reactive to all types of hepatitis and I do not drink at all. Also an additional test shows my GGTP is 72 on a range of 11-49. I have never had liver problems till about my 4th month on androgel. All of these numbers are from my 6th month on Androgel. Any Ideas?????

Last edited by lfolt; 10-24-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: add details

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    testoserone, testosterone replacement, testosterone trt