It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Low Testosterone

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
    Vanslyke
    (male)

Vanslyke HB User
    Unhappy Low Testosterone

Hi, I am a 38 year old male that has been experiencing some problems lately. I find myself fatigued from morning til night, around the clock. I have no motivation or energy to do ANYTHING. It's beginning to effect my work life as well as my sex life. I literally have no sex drive and I am engaged to the most wonderful woman. However I am so scared to lose her and feel as though she thinks I don't desire her.

I have had to sets of blood work done to see what's going on. Results came back showing my testosterone was low. A lot of the numbers and data I have no Idea what it means. However when he said the normal testosterone range for males was mid 300-s up to 1100 and mine came in at 241...I obviously am very concerned.

He sent me to an endocrinologist to have even more work done so that they could determine treatment. Needless to say, I'm nervous, exhausted and feel like I'm existing away.

I will admit, I didn't do my body good in my early 20's as I did take steroids to bulk up. It have me energy and I felt great. But did I ruin my body? It's also hard to say...because maybe I have low T back then and the steroids helped me feel better!? Idk. I would like to have energy again, a sex drive, and have kids with my beautiful fiancÚ one day.

I'd appreciate any feedback or shared experiences.

Johnny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
    Bryce39
    Inactive
    (male)

Bryce39 HB UserBryce39 HB User
    Re: Low Testosterone

Almost same age, same problem here, though I never used steroids.
    Whatever you do, think VERY WELL before starting testosterone replacement therapy.
    I tried a gel, and I felt energetic and wonderful for a month, and then tiredness and eevrything came back. My GP checked my blood, and even with the testosterone gel, I had now less testosterone in my blood than before starting the testosterone gel. My GP said my body had stopped producing testosterone. And that actually is what happens with every man who starts testosterone therapy. If you use it long enough, the body will shut down its own production.
    Moreover, testosterone tehrapy is not without dangers: I've seen data of a study where after 3 years, about 12% of the men had an enlargened prostate, and 9% had abnormal blood test results.
    When those, and/or other problems force you to stop testosterone therapy, you are worse off than before, because your own testosterone production isn't functioning anymore, and it can take months to a year to start again if it ever will.
    Luckily, I was only 2 months on testosterone therapy and my body had not yet shut down its own production of testosterone.

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety, energy, fertility, steroids, testosterone