It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board

• Testosterone and estrogen problems, need advice please!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
    ford guy
    (male)

ford guy HB User
    Testosterone and estrogen problems, need advice please!!

I need some advice on what i should do, im having alot of problems that could be stemming from lower testosterone and higher estrogen. i have no sex drive, no energy, all i want to do is sleep, it feels like im losing muscle mass, im having mood swings and anger issues, im gaining inches around my mid-section, erectile-dysfunction, premature ejaculation.

Im 28 year old male, weight 210, height 5' 10". I had my testosterone and estrogen levels checked and the results are

Total Testosterone - 448 ng/dl range 250 to 1100
    Free Testosterone - 95.9 pg/ml range 35.0 to 155.0
    Estrogen - 141 pg/ml range 130 or less

other tests were done and everything else was within normal ranges. Now my problem is everything ive been able to read says that my total t is normal for someone almost twice my age and the estrogen level range should be around 15 to 60 pg/ml not 130 or less. i saw an endo finally in december and she said everything looks normal and to just go on a diet and exercise. problem with that is ive cut out damn near everything bad that i can and i dont have the energy to workout. I need to know if i should try to get a second opinion from a different endo because im starting to wonder if she dosnt know what shes talking about. Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Testosterone and estrogen problems, need advice please!!

I think a second opinion would be wise. Testosterone and estrogen oppose one another, so it is possible just getting your testosterone levels up will suppress your estrogen production. These imbalances can be related to pituitary, adrenal or testicular issues and the whole picture needs to be assessed.

Reply Reply