It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• Doctor confirmed HPV

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
    Greeka
    (female)

Greeka HB User
    Doctor confirmed HPV

Over the past couple weeks I have seen two doctors to get opinions about a possible wart. Both said it was definitely HPV. However, tests were not done to determine what type. I am 19, and my doctor did not want to do a Pap smear because I am under 21. The wart was froze off, but has not yet completely fallen off.
    My boyfriend has been supportive, but it is difficult for us to know how and when to proceed with our relationship. One doctor said it is safe to have sex when warts are no longer visible. He is not as young as me, and I worry that if he gets infected it will be harder for his body to fight it off. When would be the optimal time for us to resume sex? Or should we continue to not have sex until the HPV is out of my system for good?
    I am doing everything I can to boost my immune system to help my body "clear the virus" from my system. Which, from what I understand IF it does clear my body it can take up to 2 years. I am taking daily vitamins, vitamin B12, vitamin C, monolaurin, fish oil, and a mushroom type supplement. I already live a healthy and active lifestyle. I want to ask my doctor to test for the HPV when I go in for my annual exam which will be in 6 months. Would that be a long enough amount of time to test for it again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    boyfriend, female, hpv, std, warts