It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• HPV experience

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
    ThomasDO
    (male)

ThomasDO HB User
    Smile HPV experience

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my experience with HPV so others could feel a little hope when searching through the internet (never advisable guys!). Most experiences are pretty much traumatic and offputting (very understandable). When I was diagnosed with HPV (the one with warts) I couldn't help going into a reckless search on the internet just to find lots and lots of awful experiences about how painful the surgery or treatments are. I kind of wanted to find just one little positive story to feel a little better or gain courage to go through this, but sadly I couldn't find it.
    So here I am, I guess it's time to make my own positive experience!

Basically, I'm kinda young so my parents didn't quite know about my sexual life so this put my world upside down, however, it all turned ok and they were extremely supportive (yup, I live with my partents). My doctor recommended me the fulguration procedure, since the warts were quite spread around the skin of my anus, besides ointments are not as effective and it would imply a chance of burning healthy skin. Anyway, I chose the fulguration and within a week I was going into the quirophan.

Everything went well, my doctor said she was able to remove all the warts and I could go home the same afternoon. Since I was under local anesthesia, It took me a couple hours to regain sensation in my legs, so basically that was what held me in the hospital for about 4 hours. The whole surgical procedure took about half an hour. My doctor prescribed me antibiotics, pain killers and vitamins (she said my best hope to avoid warts recurrence is to keep my immune system healthy!).

My parents took me home and immediatly went to bed. The spinal anesthesia got me a really awful headache the next time but they say it happens quite often, it's called Post-dural-puncture headache (PDPH). So if this happens to you guys, don't worry it wears off a couple days after!

I was kind of scared about the pain other experiences included, but it wasn't that painful! Even when the bowel movements happened wasn't that bad and believe me, I'm usually very sensitive to pain.

It's been 6 days now and I'm feeling sightly better (it still hurts and the PDPH it's practically gone), the anesthesia headache was way more painful than the warts removal and I still have this yellowish leaking so I have to wear pads (they usually end up stained with red bright blood spots). I have been able to walk (very slowly) since day 1, however, I'm noticing a slight improvement by now and I hope I keep getting better.
    It's very important to stay optimistic, it's great for your immune system, and I'm trying my best to not let this situation get the best of me.

So that's pretty much it so far, I hope this makes you feel a little more positive about it, I know it's sort of a life-long disease and I know it carries a lot of social issues so it's normal to get carried into a dark mindset. I'm staying positive and I'll try to keep posting about how things go on.

Let me know what you guys have gone through and If this made you feel sightly better, please do tell me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
    ThomasDO
    (male)

ThomasDO HB User
    Re: HPV experience

Update:
    On the bright side, still no warts found again. However, my healing process has been quite slow. I have practically no pain, except when it comes to shower. It turns out I didn't wash the wound properly during the first 2 weeks so it turned yellowish (not infected, just with high bioburden). I still have to wear pads because slight discharge (I really hope that's normal).
    I really miss going for my long walks, can't wait to be fully recovered.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
    Purple Sophie
    (female)

Purple Sophie HB User
    Re: HPV experience

Well, over here 27 years old chick... I discovered I had the warts a few months ago, I was with my current bf already (we have been together for a year) long story short, I noticed a bump on my groin and I went to the doctor (you know the drill) I put cream and it didn't work so I went to another clinic and they remove the warts (because at that point were more than one) at the moment I talked to my bf I was destroyed, I was literally dying because I don't want to lose him, he was really supportive tho trough all the process, three weeks after the removal of the warts we only had sex this weekend and was absolutely embarrassing, he's weird and I feel like a freak. Thinking about many things right now, I wouldn't do anything to hurt him and I want him to be happy, we also live together so, basically is like an awkward situation with many repercussions. My experience? Horrible, I have learn many things in this couple of months, good and bad things but I feel like ** and depressed and sad and emotional... I'm a good girl, I sleep early, I don't cheat, I'm romantic and funny and also cute, I dress nice and I don't fool around with guys ... I shouldn't had to go through this

Reply Reply

Tags
    hpv, removal, surgery, warts