It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

hpv

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2016, 03:13 AM   #1
carsandcoffee
(male)

carsandcoffee HB User
hpv

So i started dating this girl and she has literally been the best thing and we have not been sexually active together. I decided i better get tested because i did not want to give her anything and be on the safe side. I had a bump and the doctor told me i had genital warts which is a type of hpv. Everything else came back negative. I dont know how to tell my girlfriend because im afraid that she will look at me differently or leave me. Its a huge discussion to have but im just afraid of the outcome. We've been dating for almost 2 months and i feel like were getting to the point of being sexually active. Its literally been on my mind since i found out and i cant just ignore it and not tell her she deserves to know since relationships are built on trust and being honest. I'm 22 and she is 20. Any advice would be great its really been dragging me down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
LisaMarie1979
(female)

LisaMarie1979 HB User
Re: hpv

I have been married for 13 years and with my husband for nearly 15. He just told me LAST NIGHT that he had genital warts when he was in college. He only did so because I told him I noticed some small bumps on my genital area. I was and still am devastated. We have 4 children. After some research, I found that HPV can not only be passed to children through child birth, but is also the leading cause of cervical cancer in women. It can lay dormant for years, even decades, before symptoms appear. Tell her. She can get vaccinated and you guys can take other precautions to ensure it doesn't pass on to her. She deserves to know. If her feelings are as strong as yours are, you'll work through it together. I would have done so if given the opportunity, but I was not. Now I'm stuck with it for the rest of my life, and our children may be as well.

The following user gives a hug of support to LisaMarie1979:
Dragonfly Wings (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Re: hpv

Good on you for doing the right thing! It sounds like you guys have a really great thing going here and you even being tested shows how much you care for her. Just be honest and let her know If it were me, I would appreciate that you've gone to all that trouble to be tested and cleared but unfortunately there's a bump in the road that you can both get around.

All the best!
K.

Reply Reply

Tags
hpv, std