It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

Hpv 16 and AGS

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
qaz1234 HB User
Hpv 16 and AGS

I just was looking for some reassurance and wanted to ask some questions. I had a abnormal pap last week and went in this week for the colposcopy. I'm currently waiting the results. I was told Thurday I was HPV 16 positive ( pap smears ((which I get annually)) since I was 18 have been normal and I'm currently 29). I also got the vaccination in my early 20's, however, was already having sex with the person who exposed it to me, so it was too late.

I think being HPV 16 positive is very scary, but the AGC is making it worse to try to find information. I see a lot of people out there with one or the other, but I wanted to hear from people who have had BOTH.

During the colposcopy my doctor told me she didn't see any damage done to my cervix as it relates to the cells. I will be doing the LEEP should the results come back that intevention is needed. I also would be willing to do cone biopsy and even if it was bad a hysterectomy. I am married and we're planning for children, but I am terrified of it progressing to cancer.

So all that being said I wanted to know--for those out there who have had this or have this: my main concen (aside from progressive cancer) is if I do the LEEP--that it would come back sooner rather than wayyyy later. AGC in everything I've read sounds very unpredictable and very dangerous due to it's unpredictability. My doc couldn't tell me the likelyhood of it turning into cancer or how long it would typically take. Has anyone out there done the LEEP or the cone and been HPV/AGC free for several years? Like 5, 10, 15? Or is a LEEP a window to allow me to have children and then more likely those with both HPV 16 and AGC need a hysterectomy?

Any help, support or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb
Reply Reply