It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• Recurrence of HPV

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-19-2020, 05:32 PM   #1
    Shalar

Shalar HB User
    Recurrence of HPV

I知 concerned about a recurrence of HPV. In 2015 had my first positive HPV result and a normal pap. I was surprised because I was 35 at the time, had normal paps for years and has only been with my husband for the past 10 years. Neither my husband or I have cheated. So I assume one of us had it before we got married. I got the HPV vaccine later in life at 26, while I was dating my now husband.

In 2016, I had another HPV positive test with and an abnormal pap (ASCUS). So my gynecologist recommended a colposcopy. My testing showed I negative for high risk strains (HPV 16,18, 45). The test also said I was negative for intermediate/high risk strains. I知 not sure which strain I have as I (or my husband) do not have any visible genital warts.

In early 2017, I had a normal pap along with a HPV negative result. I moved out of state later that year and had the same test result with a new doctor. Since my last tests were good, my new gynecologist recommended screening every 3 years.

This year my HPV came back positive. I知 still waiting on the pap results. I致e been under a tremendous amount of stress, which I think caused the recurrence of HPV. I知 now 40 years old, so I知 no spring chicken and I don稚 know how well I can clear the virus. I知 otherwise fairly healthy, but just under a lot of family stress which I can really alleviate. So my question is how concerned should I be about this if I previously testing negative for the high risk strains? Also, is this typical to cycle from normal to abnormal paps and HPV + to HPV - results like this? I thought if your body cleared the virus, then it wouldn稚 come back. I知 just looking for some insight on all this. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Recurrence of HPV

It's possible for it to show up over the years, like shingles, cold sores, etc. All come from viruses. I wouldn't worry about it. And yes, stress can cause a flare up. I think you are good so just keep getting tested regularly and all should be fine.

Reply Reply

« Hpv | - »