It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• HPV & Guilt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #16
    Katttob

Katttob HB User
    Re: HPV & Guilt

Beez,
    Iam not sure why your doctor performed a cone biospy on you rather than freezing. If you called your doctor you could speak with the nurse and she could read your records and probably tell you why your doctor chose that approach. He could have done the cone if your cell changes were high. (Iam 20 my cell changes were mild, so I had the freezing done).

I went to the docotor on thursday to have the freezing done, it was not a very fun experience! He froze my cervix for 5 whole minutes, is that how long all of you had yours done for?

I asked my doctor the chances of a guy getting penille cancer from high risk HPV and he said that he would be more likely to get hit by a meteor than get the cancer. So that is something you all should share with your boyfriends that will ease their minds!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #17
    Gtpchic31

Gtpchic31 HB User

Im having the freezing done in a couple weeks. Is it really painful? He told me it sould only take 5 or 10 mins. I hate pain and i dont deal well with it. The nurse also asked me if i was going away for that weekend. Are you really sore and yucky after it or something? Just wondering.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #18
    Katttob

Katttob HB User
    Wink Re: HPV & Guilt

I had my freezing done last thursday. The only painful part was when the doctor inserted the metal clamp thing that opens you up more, it hurts me because I am not sexually active and haven't had any kids so I am very tight. But other then that it was just cramping for a few hours afterwards.
    I thought having samples of my cervix cut off was worse.
    You will have a discharge for about 2 weeks (which is what was frozen coming off) & no using tampons (this could lead to infection).The nurse and doctor will tell you all of this.
    You will be okay, don't be scared and try to relax! Good Luck!

Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #19
    Gtpchic31

Gtpchic31 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: HPV & Guilt

Thanks for the input. Im really glad it doesnt hurt. I thought the cutting was horriable too. I ended up passing out. I wasnt thinking when i set this appointment up that it was going to be the long weekend. My boyfriend doesnt have his daughter so he wanted to go away. Now depending on how i feel we may be able to. When the doc called to tell me I needed this cryo he told me no tampons and no intercourse for 2-4 weeks. No big deal, i gotta have it done. Thanks again, that really put my mind at ease.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:39 PM   #20
    beezkneez
    (female)

beezkneez HB User
    Question Re: HPV & Guilt

I seriously think I would rather have had the freezing done myself. I had the cone biopsy where they put me to sleep and cut a big cone shape out of my cervix. I was out of commission for about a month. I had really awful discharge for a month and bleeding too. I've never had surgery or been put to sleep for anything so it was really scary! I still can't understand why I had to have it done instead of freezing or leep. Wierd. Anyways....I just wanted to let you all know that the web address that rebekka left was a good site and also web MD was a good source also. You all should check them out. They give some useful info!

Last edited by beezkneez; 05-13-2004 at 10:43 PM.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #21
    Gtpchic31

Gtpchic31 HB User

Thats odd that they didnt do the minor things first. I did alot of research on the net and the cone biopsy is farther done the list. Maybe some doctors are different. I had an ovarian cyst removed when i was 15 so i know what you mean about being scared. I hope everything is good now for you though.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:40 PM   #22
    beezkneez
    (female)

beezkneez HB User

Ok, I've heard there are things to help boost your immune system to help from abnormal cell growth reoccurances. Do any of you know of anything like vitamins and such? Thanks all....keep posting!

Old 05-18-2004, 01:27 PM   #23
    Gtpchic31

Gtpchic31 HB User

I havent heard of anything but i would also love to know if anybody knows.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:09 PM   #24
    Katttob

Katttob HB User

Since I have been diagnosed, I have started using a womens mutli vitamin from GNC. I have heard to take a lot of Vitamin B (which the vitamins I have has a lot in) & take folic acid.
    Regular exercise can aslo help build your immune system. Also, no drinking or smoking this affects your immune system.

Last edited by Katttob; 05-18-2004 at 04:19 PM.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:23 PM   #25
    beezkneez
    (female)

beezkneez HB User

Thanks Katt...I've been exercising regularly since I got well after my surgery and I am about to get a vitamin B-12 shot (would that be sufficient?) Can I get folic acid at a drug store or do I need to talk to my dr about it? Thanks again sweetie!

Old 05-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #26
    Katttob

Katttob HB User

You can find Folic Acid in many multi-vitamins or prenatal vitamins. You could purchase them at any drugstore, or health food store. I got mine at GNC. I am sure if you went into GNC or a health food store they could direct you to a vitamin with folic acid or something that would help you to build your immunity.

Old 05-20-2004, 10:30 PM   #27
    beezkneez
    (female)

beezkneez HB User

Great thanks Katt. I will do that tomorrow. As for now I need to re-schedual my follow up Pap. Make sure all is well. You know how it is. LoL

Old 05-29-2004, 12:04 AM   #28
    beezkneez
    (female)

beezkneez HB User

Katt...I found some Folic Acid vitamins at Wal-Mart. All they are is folic acid and I am taking them as well as my B-12 Shots. To be honest, I even feel better physically taking them.

How many follow up surgeries (if any) did everyone have to go through for cervical HPV and what method of removal did they use? (if you all don't mind me asking) It's sort of a reference for me. I would sort of like to know what to expect when I go back for my follow up. If I should be worried they are back or what......

Thanks everyone!!

Old 05-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #29
    Gtpchic31

Gtpchic31 HB User

Well, i had my cryo freeze done yesterday. I was a breeze, didnt hurt at all. The only problem i had it that i passed out after it. My body doesnt handle the stress of things being dont to it and mu adreniline eats up my blood sugar. otherwise it was fine. went to work after like normal. I have a follow up pap in 4 months then we go from there.

Old 06-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #30
    beezkneez
    (female)

beezkneez HB User

Lately I've been feeling these wierd pains in my lower abdomen area. Like I have said, I had a cone biopsy done in January. I was just wondering if it could cause unusual pain like I am experiencing or if it could be the HPV reoccuring. I've been on the depo provera shot for a year and a half so I haven't had a period in a year and now I feel like I am on my period and sometimes it even feels like someone is jabbing a knife into my ovaries or uterus. I'm not sure what this is but if someone could give some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Closed Thread