It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• HPV virus VS Herpes Virus.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2003, 05:36 AM   #1
    Anarchist

Anarchist HB User
    Post HPV virus VS Herpes Virus.

New studies in HPV (Gential Warts) show that after many years of having the virus, the bodies immune system begins to get better at controlling it. The studies also show that people who go a year or more without getting a wart, were testing negative, or only finding traces of the virus in surrounding areas. Which means that HPV is not always a permenant viral disease in everyone. Though, most cases go on for years before they reach this point.

In a previous post, I said that I have gotten severe "cold sores" on my lips many times a year since I was a small child. Now that I am 27, when I do get them, they are EXTREMLY mild. I may get one once a year, or maybe even skip a year. They are so mild that they are barely visible to the eye, and dont scab over anymore (For the past 5 years).

Is it possible the bodies immune system gets better with time in controlling the herpes virus, like HPV studies have shown? Granted, my body has had 27 years to deal with the virus.. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #2
    Nonexist
    (male)

Nonexist HB User
    Yes, you are correct. The human immune system does attack the herpes virus, this is why those with HSV experience a decrease in symptoms over time, just like HPV. The problem is that the process seems to be extremely slow. I think our bodies can clear itself completely of the virus if it was given enough time, or if we could “supercharge” our immune systems. When I looked into that, I found that we can indeed supercharge our immune system (i.e. get it to work closer to how it did when we reached our current state of evolution, when the air, water, and food was pure). I changed my whole lifestyle and my OBs are very rare – but who knows what it would have been like if I didn’t change. Maybe it would be more severe, maybe not – I believe it’s made a difference. We have to give our bodies everything it needs to fight as hard as it can. I believe a perfectly healthy body and mind can cure itself of this puny virus! LOL

Old 02-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
    beaker24
    Veteran
    (female)

beaker24 HB User
    Re: HPV virus VS Herpes Virus.

I used to get about 6 cold sores a year. Now I get maybe 1, 2 if I am very unlucky, and they last four days maximum instead of more than a week, and are considerably smaller, and less noticeable, and are itchy rather than painful. I am sure after having HSV1 since I was a child, my body has got more used to the virus.

My mother in contrast still gets about 2 oral OBs a month. But then my Dad said he had cold sores all the time as a child and as a kid then when he was in his twenties they just sort of dried up and now he has one about every 5 years or so.

The other thing that happens with my cold sores now is I get the tingle, I get a sore starting to appear - and then it goes away within a few hours. I hope my immune system is dealing with this sucker!!

Although I was unlucky enough to get HSV1 genitally despite having had oral HSV1 for years (don't believe what they tell you - it is possible!!), I wonder if my body's previous acquaintance with the virus has stopped any genital OBs following the initial one. I know HSV1 is milder than HSV2 and should be less serious genitally than orally, but all the same considering HSV1 gave me hell on my mouth when it was younger, I thought I might not be too resistant to it. Well... a year and a half since any genital OBs (and I have been checking very thoroughly). Woo hoo!

Last edited by beaker24; 02-01-2005 at 02:13 PM.

Old 02-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
    anna-bananna
    Veteran
    (female)

anna-bananna HB User
    Re: HPV virus VS Herpes Virus.

good to hear from you again Non I really enjoy your posts, how did the dmso 35% h20 thing work out?? I don't really have severe obs but I am thinking about trying it.any advise??

Closed Thread