It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

Troubled and need advice

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GB
Posts: 2
confusedspud HB User
Unhappy Troubled and need advice

I contracted HPV around 8 years ago from my first gf and pretty much feel lifeless, im 26 and am a straight male. I did have external genital and anal warts and have successfully had this treated with no reacurrence but I am now seriously think these may have travelled internally, this symptoms are very similar to hemmoroids and have always since I was little had a trouble with constipation, but lately the itching seems to be more prominate and upon examination i may have felt a tiny lump or two, but with the location it is very hard to tell - but i do think they are internal. I think they may have be trasmitted as over the years used suppositries and applicators for treatment for what I always thought was piles, and think this is how they may have been able to travel up my rectum, as I have never had anal sex. I am unsure what to do and dont really want to go to my GP as he is a family doctor, not that i dont trust him, i have total confidence in his confidentiality I just find it extremely embarrasing and am not sure what to do, or who to see?
Im really scared and depressed by this thinking i was over the worst of it and too top things of I have just met the girl of my dreams and was working towards talking to her about my past and this seems to have unearthed it self, i pretty much feel like theres nothing left for me, this just doesnt seems real anymore.. Who should I see the local clinic, private doctor i am just so confused.. please help


Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
Pickle Eyes's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere In TX, USA
Posts: 3,590
Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Troubled and need advice

Hi Confusedspud, it sounds like you could have polyps in your rectum/colon. I don't know that they cause itching (but do warts?) though. I STRONGLY suggest you see a doctor. Yes. It is embarassing, but it is necessary.

Good luck!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36
samantha2846 HB User
Re: Troubled and need advice

ya dont feel embarrassed about going to a doctor. I can guarantee they have seen it before

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
I'm in dire need of advice about my asthma/situation Edgie Asthma 4 04-23-2010 11:13 PM
Therapeutic Boarding Schools for troubled teens gymiller General Health 4 01-14-2008 07:29 AM
troubled girlfriend ohgosh Relationship Health 8 12-08-2007 01:31 PM
85 Year Old Mother troubled by DIARRHEA pathofneo Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 1 09-27-2007 04:59 AM
Accutane troubled! ordinary10 Acne 9 09-11-2007 03:20 AM
face powder for acne troubled skin bahamagirl Beauty & Cosmetics 0 07-31-2005 07:25 AM
umm.. i'm troubled troubled_teen12 Depression 16 05-03-2005 11:36 PM
troubled friend what should i do blue-eyes1980 Addiction & Recovery 1 03-26-2005 05:18 AM
Troubled girlfriend loverboy Relationship Health 6 04-27-2004 02:15 PM
New test results - troubled LooneyJM High Cholesterol 3 08-13-2002 08:40 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!