It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• Oral Sex and HPV?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
    rphinkle
    (male)

rphinkle HB User
    Re: Oral Sex and HPV?

In a way you are correct I am a hypocrite, I say those things because I wished I had done different. Here is my thought behind this from years of experience of many things. If I have more than one partner I learn what I should or want to expect out of a partner, so the right one has to almost be better than all before. (Please dont take this literally, it is just a thought). If you have no partner other than the one you end up with everything is an adventure because you dont know any better. Yes I agree sex is my most important part of our relationship along with she is my best friend. I have issues daily about sex and wanting more and more out of it! I also have seen numerous problems affecting a chain of people from sex, it really is not just a few it is almost everyone dealing with some form of an STD. I like to try things out before I buy them so to speak and that used to be my motto, I would never get married without sleeping with that person for awhile, but the truth is anything can happen after the marriage and it often times does after the new wears off. I sound like I am negative about this I know, I actually believe whole heartedly that sex or a good physical relationship is so important in marriage people just dont take it serious enough. Hey I do completely agree that the answer is to educate because you are correct from thousands of years ago sex and cheating have been the major problems with society, we are born to be that way. So yes we should focus on educating ourselves and others. But like you and I when there are a few more strains of any type HPV or other STD coming out daily it is hard to figure out what is safe and what is not. I dont want to be wrong for my wife's sake. Then it would make me look like I persuaded her in sex and she ends up with just what she was worried about, how dumb would I look and how badly could that affect our relationship. So while you are searching for answers keep me informed, I need all of the advise possible. Thanks for your comment! Everything helps! I dont intend on making anyone feel bad about the way they are living - I did it longer than you I promise! Keep your hopes up and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
    tattoogirly
    Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB User

I wonder...if she is your wife and is committed to your marriage, then why the need to worry about getting warts from you? Sure, warts aren't pretty, but they are not life-threatening. Why does she care so much about getting warts from her husband? Like I said before, if I knew this man was the "one" and I saw myself with him forever, I would take the risk of getting warts from him. Maybe you need to ask your wife if there is another reason she is having these issues? Is she happy in the marriage? Also, you should not feel bad if you give them to her. If she understands the risk and therefore takes that risk, then it is no longer your guilt.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
    rphinkle
    (male)

rphinkle HB User

Girl you are singing to the choir! I have had so many negative thoughts of why that torment me daily. It has been miserable and the weird thing is I completely trust her! But even with trust there are many things that make no sense to me. You know those people that are germ freaks, she has become like that! But on the other hand she will hug and play with our dirty 3 dogs without question. Not I! I will try to defend her point from our conversations. She has seen pictures where a person had numerous oral warts and she is scared to death of that. But even that would not change my mind. She has never been one of those big fans of oral sex or foreplay! We have very good timing and I think she see's no need?
    But the fact is I need some closureto things like what you are questioning. I am not sure if I will ever get my answers, she does not like to communicate about things that strike a nerve. She always feels as if someone is talking about something she is doing wrong, she just takes things that way from everybody! She is a wonderful person, honest, faithful and beautiful with a great body. I think one day she is going to regret holding back and it will be to late for that fun, exciting and playful uninhibited sex I long for, which we used to have until our son came along. She turned her attention to him almost completely. Ok, I quit whining! Hope you the best of luck and thanks so much for the conversation it does help as I have said before to get it off your shoulders and have someone listen. I think your issues will end when you find the one to keep then your issue should not be an issue or dont marry them ok!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
    tattoogirly
    Veteran
    (female)

tattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB Usertattoogirly HB User

I hope you get your issue figured out. Best of luck!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
    Girlinadilemma
    (female)

Girlinadilemma HB User

Just wanted to share a bit of good news while we are all discussing and sharing info. My pap smear came back normal this time

Idk if the virus cleared its self or not but i am def happy

Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
    tattoogirly
    Veteran
    (female)

That's awesome news! So, did you have the high risk kind of HPV or warts? I am so confused...can you get a pap smear that will tell you if you have a strain of HPV that causes warts if you have never had warts??

Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #22
    Girlinadilemma
    (female)

Girlinadilemma HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tattoodgirly View Post
    That's awesome news! So, did you have the high risk kind of HPV or warts? I am so confused...can you get a pap smear that will tell you if you have a strain of HPV that causes warts if you have never had warts??
    High Risk. My doc says HPV that causes cervix dysplasia is high risk HPV. A pap I think should be able to determine if it's high or low. Warts are usually low risk. I'm not sure if there's a test that tells you exactly what HPV strain a person might have.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
    tattoogirly
    Veteran
    (female)

Well, I cannot find a clear answer anywhere on the internet, but what I do know is that the pap smear tests the cervix. Do warts usually grow there?? Basically, I want to know if it can be determined if I have low risk HPV (warts) even though I have not had any symptoms. Will I ever be able to find this out?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #24
    Girlinadilemma
    (female)

Girlinadilemma HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tattoodgirly View Post
    Well, I cannot find a clear answer anywhere on the internet, but what I do know is that the pap smear tests the cervix. Do warts usually grow there?? Basically, I want to know if it can be determined if I have low risk HPV (warts) even though I have not had any symptoms. Will I ever be able to find this out?
    http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/pap/default.htm#sec1

Hope it helps

Closed Thread

Tags
    hpv, ocd, oral sex hpv, relationship help