It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• Very persistent hpv/cin I/ascus. Even after leep.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
    SingingPink
    (female)

SingingPink HB User
    Exclamation Very persistent hpv/cin I/ascus. Even after leep.

I was diagnosed with hpv about 3 years ago. Ever since, I have not had a normal Pap smear. My results Are always ascus/cin I. I've had three biopsies and 1 leep. My leep suggested that they hardly found anything wrong, if not at all I believe. Yet, almost a year later, I had a pap and I'm back to ascus. I did have chlamydia once (three years ago) and the provider mentioned that might throw off my results but wasn't sure. My question is, what are the chances of persistent ascus/cin I becoming cancer? Or cin II/III? They say women with only cin I usually clear it up with in two years. It's been 3 and I'm also post leep. Does this mean I'm at a higher risk for cervical cancer? I don't know which type I have, I'm afraid that because its persistent it may be one of the scary 16 or 18 types, but I'm not sure. I should add that I am over weight and do have some stress in my life. I have been trying to eat a lot more vegetables the past few years but I guess it's not helping. Also, I was under the impression that only low risk hpv caused warts, and the type that causes cancer (high risk) does not. Yet, my boyfriend has some relatively small ones due to the HPV. I don't, only the ascus/CIN I. If anyone has any info and/or experience please share!!

Thank you

Last edited by SingingPink; 09-15-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    ascus, cervical cancer, cin 1, hpv, leep procedure