It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board

• Pcos & high risk hpv

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
    Ohmygosh89
    (female)

Ohmygosh89 HB User
    Pcos & high risk hpv

Hi, so I'm just after a bit of advice really.

I went for my 2nd smear last week (i had my first at 17 due to period problems which was diagnosed as polycystic ovaries syndrome) So I had my smear, and mentioned to the nurse that I’ve been my periods have changed, they used to be regular like clockwork and last for 7 days without fail, for the past 6/7 months they’ve been here and there either every 2 weeks or once over 8 weeks, they have a little routine of being for 2 days, have 2 days off, back for 2 days, gone for 2 days, lasting up to 10 days. I’ve started bleeding after sex, this started around 6 months ago, I bleed in between periods and again when my periods are here It’s not as I’d expect as a period, there’s no blood as such, it’s just clots, and very large ones mainly the size of a fist.
    Ive had my smear results back which say “The test from the laboratory show that abnormal cells are present” then follows with “the cell changes can indicate infection for high-risk HPV….the laboratory tested your screening sample and reported there is evidence of HPV infection”
    I had to go to the Dr’s that day who have booked me in for a pelvic exam & a blood test & a colposcopy at the hospital…that’s all in 6 days time…I just want to know what it all means.

I’m guessing that I have to tell my current and ex partner to get a smear? But what does it mean for me, I made the mistake of googling about my periods and irregular bleeding and scared myself!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread