It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board

• New to Here and Anxious lol

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
    ScaredIdiot
    (male)

ScaredIdiot HB User
    New to Here and Anxious lol

I have been really bad lately with my anxiety and hypochondria and don't have a support system for it so I want to try this out with you guys. Thanks in advance.

Right outa the gate I'll confess that since moving to a rougher neighborhood where I have to bike (used to walk) to work, I am encountering loose dogs semi frequently and it has me scared of getting rabies or even the inevitable terror after getting bit by a dog I don't know. I mean let's be real here-- if I get bit by a strange dog, you HAVE to get a series of shots, right?

Anyway I would love some perspective here-- rabies terrifies me. Like. Worst case scenario a dog bites me and an urgent care center gives me a treatment plan even though I have no insurance yet and I'm just in several more thousands of dollars in debt? I mean I don't care I just don't want to, you know, die, or worse, survive after it takes its toll on my mind. And still I worry the entire experience would be brutally traumatizing.

Sorry about the drama. I really am being tormented by this lately and I don't want to be.

Last edited by ScaredIdiot; 08-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
    Carisa
    (female)

Carisa HB User
    Re: New to Here and Anxious lol

I have health anxiety, as well. I hope you aren't still worried about rabies.

The chances of you getting bit by a dog are very slim. But the chances of that dog, if you DID get bit, having rabies, are even slimmer. Please don't lose sleep over this.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: New to Here and Anxious lol

You asked "f I get bit by a strange dog, you HAVE to get a series of shots, right?" No, you do not have to get a series of shots IF the owner of the dog can show that the dog had its rabies shots.

If there is a stray dog with no owner you are concerned about, call animal control, they will pick it up and have it tested.

Reply Reply