It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board

• Debilitating anxiety/hypochondria

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
    Stone2020
    (female)

Stone2020 HB User
    Debilitating anxiety/hypochondria

Hey all.

I've struggled with anxiety for around 10 years now. For a while it died down a little and I learned how to control my panic attacks. But over the past few months, my anxiety has returned in full force with vengeance. As well as struggling with GAD (general anxiety disorder), I also have awful health anxiety. Right now it's at the point where it is taking over my life and I'm struggling to control it. Every single pain, ache, or weird sensation I feel, I immediately convince myself that it is a deadly disease.

Three days ago, I got an aching pain in top of my neck, and instead of thinking logically about what could have caused it, I instead convinced myself that I had a tumor. So now, for the past three days, I have been panicking over the fact that I think I have a tumor!! It sounds really stupid when I actually type it out and read it back. If I get a weird pain/ache, I obsess over it and I ALWAYS make it worse by worrying about it, and then I get even more worried because the pain is worse! See how it's a vicious cycle?! It's awful because although I know I'm not being logical, I can't shake the feeling of "Oh my God I'm going to die. I have cancer, or a brain tumor, or heart failure, or ALL THREE!" I also often worry about getting sick so often, that I actually create the symptoms myself. I know it's just all in my head, which makes it so much more frustrating.

My anxiety and hypochondria is currently the worst it's ever been, and I'm actually glad that I found this website. Reading other people's stories calms me down quite a lot, because I realize that I'm not alone. I'm not expecting any replies at all from this, I just wanted to get it out in the open, and say thank you for sharing your struggles with anxiety/health anxiety. It really helps a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
    Becky27
    (female)

Becky27 HB User
    Re: Debilitating anxiety/hypochondria

I have the exact same thing. Every week it's something different. Sometimes I jump from different things within one day. I am currently getting blood work for TSH and I'm convinced I have thyroid cancer. It effects my personal and work life everyday. Wish I could shake this 😞

Old 09-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
    Jotz
    (female)

Jotz HB User

Hi I also go through the same thing you r not alone! For the past 2 months I have been going through all kind of health issues. I had this wicked cough for over a month now I feel like my throat is swollen and closing and I feel like I have pain on the right side I'm convinced I have lymphoma! I have had 3 different doctors tell me it's not that they feel it n say it's not lymphoma but I'm still not convinced! I have this Sylvia in the back of my throat I feel like I'm gonna choke on I have to keep swallowing. Then the other day I was passing kidney stones I went to the ER they did a ct scan said they found sludge in my gallbladder but no stones and it wasent inflamed at all so they sent me for an ultrasound they said that was good. In my head I'm like well in the ct scan it wasent so something is wrong! Then I jump to what if it's pancreatic cancer it's always the worst it can b in my head! Idk how to fix this idk y I'm like this! I see someone already but I think I need group therapy or something more I think I need to talk to other people that go through what I'm going through because only we understand eachother. I really hope both of u get better I truly kno how you both feel and it's not a good feeling and I don't wish it on anybody!

Old 09-18-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
    Anne1991
    (female)

Anne1991 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stone2020 View Post
    Hey all.

I've struggled with anxiety for around 10 years now. For a while it died down a little and I learned how to control my panic attacks. But over the past few months, my anxiety has returned in full force with vengeance. As well as struggling with GAD (general anxiety disorder), I also have awful health anxiety. Right now it's at the point where it is taking over my life and I'm struggling to control it. Every single pain, ache, or weird sensation I feel, I immediately convince myself that it is a deadly disease.

Three days ago, I got an aching pain in top of my neck, and instead of thinking logically about what could have caused it, I instead convinced myself that I had a tumor. So now, for the past three days, I have been panicking over the fact that I think I have a tumor!! It sounds really stupid when I actually type it out and read it back. If I get a weird pain/ache, I obsess over it and I ALWAYS make it worse by worrying about it, and then I get even more worried because the pain is worse! See how it's a vicious cycle?! It's awful because although I know I'm not being logical, I can't shake the feeling of "Oh my God I'm going to die. I have cancer, or a brain tumor, or heart failure, or ALL THREE!" I also often worry about getting sick so often, that I actually create the symptoms myself. I know it's just all in my head, which makes it so much more frustrating.

My anxiety and hypochondria is currently the worst it's ever been, and I'm actually glad that I found this website. Reading other people's stories calms me down quite a lot, because I realize that I'm not alone. I'm not expecting any replies at all from this, I just wanted to get it out in the open, and say thank you for sharing your struggles with anxiety/health anxiety. It really helps a lot.
    I want you to know I'm going through severe anxiety too. I can be great some weeks then suddenly its back. Like you im constantly checking my body for weird lumps, pain or symptoms. I'm always online and scaring myself. I'm so exhausted and sad that my life is like this.

Reply Reply