It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board

• Hypochondria?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
    Hawkeye321
    (male)

Hawkeye321 HB User
    Hypochondria?

Hello,

So I thought I felt something weird on my body, kinda like a bump or something out of place, but I've been too afraid to completely touch it and check. So ever since, that spot has been aching at times, but I can't tell if it's just because I am thinking about it and it's like a make-believe pain. There's times where I feel good for awhile and then it comes back and I start stressing again. Usually when I just don't think about it, I feel fine, but there's other times I believe I wasn't thinking about it and I get a slight ache.

I always tell myself if I just didn't hit it and think I felt something then I wouldn't be feeling any pain at all. It's too coincidental that it starting hurting after I "discovered" it.

So am I just being stressed and making up the pain in my head and has anyone else ever had a similar thing happen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Hypochondria?

Where exactly is the pain?

The fear of being sick and making a pain into worse case scenario is hypochondria. You aren't causing the pain if you can feel it, but your reaction and justification to it is somewhat irrational if you aren't wanting to know why. But depending on where it is can spark justified concern. There are many simple reasons for pain, referred pain, etc.

I've never had that experience since I've had pain and health issues since I was a kid, so used to it. But I do have worry when something new shows up on/in unusual places or if it's out of the ordinary and I can't figure the why, and I put off seeing a doctor unless it doesn't resolve. I do always check it myself or have my husband do it. Research is always a good tool for me to ease my anxiety.

I'm wondering if other stressful and emotional issues are going on in your life, and what your beliefs are about having health issues?

Regardless, i suggest you maybe have a family member or close friend check it out if you aren't able. Best thing would be to see a doctor if it's able to be felt by hand as a lump or if the discomfort continues.

q

Last edited by quincy; 03-14-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Reply Reply