It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board

• should I be worried?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
    Mmarti50
    (male)

Mmarti50 HB User
    Unhappy should I be worried?

One week ago started feeling dizzy and lots of pressure in my sinuses and head. Three days in I started sneezing a lot and lots of pressure and pain in my face around my nose and upper jaw. Iíve also had a lot of pain on the top of my head. Saw doctor Monday- prescribed me Z-pak for a sinus infection. Took last dose yesterday. dizziness has not improved and I have a headache tonight. I got one last night too. Is this normal at this point? I read an article about a boy who died from a sinus infection and itís got me pretty scared. I havenít really had a fever though, which I assume I would have if I had an infection in my brain. Full disclosure Iím a bit of a hypochondriac. Considering asking doc for an MRI but Iím 22 and thatís a lot of money. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2018, 04:30 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: should I be worried?

Hi , Try to relax... you dont need an MRI at this time. Sinus infections can be caused by bacteria (which the Z pack should be taking care of) and antibiotics continue working even after you stop taking them for another week or so.

You could have allergies or you could have a viral infection- antibiotics will not work on either of these...(but it didnt hurt that you took them).

Give it another week..if you do not feel better, go back and see the doctor again. In the meantime, maybe call the doctor and ask if you can try some over the counter cold and flu medicine which contains medicine for a headache...You'll feel better soon!

Try not to read "scare" stories online. First of all, you dont know if they are true or not...anyone can post anything online- its not monitored...only take medical advice from your doctor!

Last edited by MSNik; 03-23-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
    Mmarti50
    (male)

Mmarti50 HB User
    Re: should I be worried?

Thanks so much for your response. I actually saw my doctor today and he told me I show no signs at all of having some kind of brain issue. He wrote me a prescription for some medicine and told me to relax.

Reply Reply