It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board

• 1st over stressed - then hypo. attack!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
    Irishdaughter
    (female)

Irishdaughter HB User
    1st over stressed - then hypo. attack!

That is the way it happens with me. I will push myself in other areas (like too much worrying about "X" or over exercising, not sleeping or eating right or over imbibing) and then I will become super aware of any possible scary health scenarios.
    In regard to the latter - I will freak out over a skin thingee I may have seen before and disregarded (when I was feeling ok) now it becomes ten times worse and worrisome.
    Also I do a breast exam every night in the tub and when I am over stressed I will do my exam more intensively, almost begging to find something wrong or if I can't find something physical, I will be exploring an area so diligently that I cause a pinch or pain - AHA - just as I suspected - my worst fears are realized!!! When actually the pain or pinch is something I caused just to scare myself and make me miserable.
    Its all connected to the cortisol level which can be good but too much can cause so much fear and anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 1st over stressed - then hypo. attack!

You might want to talk to a therapist about this...health anxiety, which is what this is called, can rule your life...you need to learn how to handle this properly.

Its not uncommon. With all of the advertising of 'side effects" and "diseases' out there, it is enough to make anyone super conscious of the possibilities.

You just have to learn to appreciate your health and not look for things to be wrong. Easier said than done I realize. Try talking to your doctor about who they would suggest you speak with to overcome this. If you don't , this is going to rule your life.

Be grateful for the blessing of good health.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
    Irishdaughter
    (female)

Irishdaughter HB User
    Re: 1st over stressed - then hypo. attack!

Thanks.

I could write a book on health anxiety as I've had it all my life. I think my mom started it in my family as she had it and my brother has it, too.

Somehow we learned at an early age that going to the doctor??? That was a scary thing to do. Something to avoid.

I try to solve my problems (physical and mental) on my own. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't then I have to turn to the white coat brigade!!

By daily running, eating right, trying to get 7 hr of sleep a night, meditating/praying, taking vitamins and supplements I've been able to avoid going on any meds for anxiety.

What we all have to watch out for is trying to to keep that stress level low (i.e. my headline) as if it acts up - the health anxiety will kick in soon and then you have real problems!

Reply Reply