It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board

Health Anxiety

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
amykcpa
(female)

amykcpa HB User
Health Anxiety

I am looking for some help on how to overcome my current health anxiety.

On August 20th I woke up with very bad body aches but no other symptoms. My illness had three phases. The body aches lasted about 2 weeks. I then developed very intense burning pain up and down my spine and lower back which lasted 4 weeks. The lower back and spine pain then turned into more of an arthritic pain which lasted 2 weeks.

A few weeks later I developed uveitis which is an eye inflammation. I saw and ophthalmologist who prescribed eye drops to clear the inflammation. Uveitis is very rare and only 8 out of 100,000 develop the condition.

I am now concerned I am losing weight unintentionally. Although my weight has only dipped about 3 pounds. I also sometimes feel weak when exercising or when I wake up in the morning.

I am so scared to step on the scale in the morning for fear I have lost more weight. I then begin to feel weak and I am not sure if the weakness is fear or a real illness.

I am so scared that my 2 illnesses are somehow related to a bigger problem going on in my body such as lymphoma or leukemia or some other cancer.

I am so scared and it is really impacting my life right now. My internist does not think anything is wrong with me since my blood tests are perfect. I also had a chest x ray that was normal.

Any thoughts on whether I should pursue additional testing or whether this might be health anxiety would be appreciated. I did buy some CBT books and health anxiety books which I intend on reading. I am just so scared my doctor is missing a diagnosis of cancer and I am going to miss my window of opportunity for a cure.

Thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply