It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board

Do I have hypoglycemia?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2015, 03:27 AM   #1
wil928
(male)

wil928 HB User
Do I have hypoglycemia?

Hello, from the age of 12 I started having strange episodes which for years I had no clue why it was happening. At first my vision would go weird as if I could only see directly infront of me and at the side of my eyes I would have fuzzy/blurriness, kind of like when you rub your eyes for a while and see that spotty dot effect. Then my arm, usually my left arm would go numb and my hand would tingle. Then my speech would start going slurred and I would get a confused feeling, lastly my lips and tongue would go numb. This happened on and off for years until I decided to ditch junk food and start exercising more. I then only got this a few times within the last 5 years, but over the last year I have slacked on my diet and exercise and 3 days ago I got another episode, same symptoms as before, but after a few days I still feel tired, down and lightheaded. I have booked a docs appointment to hopefully confirm this. Would you say I have hypoglycemia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Do I have hypoglycemia?

There is really no way to tell from what you wrote. Your doctor will do blood work, look at sugar numbers and decide. Your symptoms could just as easily be neurological in nature as they could be eating habits. Since none of this appears to be life threatening, I wouldnt worry and it is excellent that you were able to make some lifestyle changes for the better- keep it up!

Good luck with the tests. Let us know what you find out!

Old 11-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Do I have hypoglycemia?

COuld be. A simple fasting blood test will tell you that. Below 70 blood sugar reading is hypoclycemic. It is normally easily controlled by diet.

Reply Reply