It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board

• single ovary removal + hormones or hypoglycemia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
    ksc1968
    (female)

ksc1968 HB Userksc1968 HB User
    single ovary removal + hormones or hypoglycemia

Hi Ladies,
    Just wondering if anyone has had this issue. This morning out of the blue I was working on my laptop and my arms started to feel very weak....THen I started shaking. My heart started pounding and I felt weird. I work from home and so does my husband and he got me some juice and a cookie. I felt alot better within 10 minutes...my question is..I ate breakfast, had a snack half hour before of almonds, and it wasnt lunchtime. I have no history of low or high blood sugar. I had my left ovary and tube, along with endo removed 3 weeks ago. Could it be related to my surgery?
    It was very scary. I have never had the shakes like that before....Thanks
    Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
    Re: single ovary removal + hormones or hypoglycemia

ksc1968: That does sound scary. It does sound like low blood sugar if it was corrected with the cookie and juice. You should definitley let your doctor know what happened. In case you don't know it, insulin is a hormone. It is very possible that this has something to do with your operation. Are you on HRT or any other meds? If you have too much estrogen (estrogen dominance), one of the side-effects is hypoglycemia.

I have developed catamenial epilepsy as part of menopause and the meds they gave me have the same side-effects as hypoglycemia!!! I also have an 11 year old T1 diabetic.
    My seizures were happening right before, during and after my cycle and now I'm on meds to try to reduce the estrogen and they're putting me into total menopause and the seizures happen during the time that a period would happen, and mid cycle, but I'm not getting a period. It's the hormones!!!! They control your brain more than you know.

I suspect you're in your 40's and if you're having these female issues then you definitely need to let the doctor know, and if he doesn't help you go see an endocrinologist and that doctor will do a full review of everything, including thyroid and other adrenal glands. Go with your gut instinct. You know your body better than anyone. Stay safe and carry some lifesavers or candies with you when you go out in case you feel that way again. Keep a journal/calendar of when these feelings happen so you can have that for the doctor.

I bet if you ask your question on the diabetes board everyone over there will tell you it's low blood sugar. There's also something called reactive hypoglycemia. Do some research on that. You don't have to be diabetic to have it. Take Care.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
    Re: single ovary removal + hormones or hypoglycemia

ksc1968: I see you posted something on the diabetes board and someone replied saying they have hypoglycemia but aren't diabetic. That's what I was talking about when I said it could be reactive hypoglycemia. Have it checked out. In the meantime, make sure you carry some hard candies or fast acting sugar with you incase you get the feelings again. Hope you've been feeling o.k.

Closed Thread