It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board

Reactive hypoglycemic symptoms in response to any food

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
throwmearope
(male)

throwmearope HB User
Reactive hypoglycemic symptoms in response to any food

Hi,
As per my username, I'm searching for some answers. I get a different symptom every time in response to eating any type of food. Sometimes it's as if a cloud took form in my head and makes my thinking very foggy and my eyesight very dim. Sometimes I will get a strong pressure in my head around the forehead and nosebridge area. Sometimes I will feel very faint and completely drained of energy. Sometimes I get migraines. Sometimes I get the chills and start sweating. The common denominator is that some symptom seems to pop up in response to eating any food. And when my body is in a fasting state I feel great. My thinking is clear, I have no pains of any sort. I might have reactive hypoglycemia but I can tell. Does anyone have any insights into what I'm experiencing? I've seen blog posts saying the same thing since 2005 and nobody has seem to come up with an answer. If anyone has any ideas of what's going on here please share them.

Thanks,
Throw me a rope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
cheddarbay
(male)

cheddarbay HB User
Re: Reactive hypoglycemic symptoms in response to any food

I was recently diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia and here are my symptoms. Within 2, sometimes 3 hours of a meal i'll get this sudden cold/cool rush over my body, and to me that is my "sign". Then the other symptoms start to kick in. I call it "googly" vision, but the way i describe it to my wife is like i've been staring at a light for 30 seconds and then look away, except i never stared at a light, but the feeling in your eyes you get from doing so..thats what i get. Sometimes i get tunnel vision as well. I'll get a knot in my stomach sometimes and i'll also get weak in my knees and a little shaky. I get very aggravated and the tiniest things. I typically will eat some crackers and within 10-15 minutes the symptoms subside but sometimes i still feel anxious, or "off'. Hope this helps

Reply Reply