It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board

• Trying to decide if hysterectomy is my best option any advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
    HeatherM77
    (female)

HeatherM77 HB User
    Trying to decide if hysterectomy is my best option any advice

Hi my name is Heather I'm new here.I have a history of Endo and adhesions as well as ovarian cysts.I've had three surgerys to cut adhesions remove cysts and laser the endo.It's been 15 months since my last surgery and I'm having alot of pain again,I have a 16 mm cyst on my right ovary which I'm told is small,my periods are coming closer together and also move painful sex is also painful. I am unable to take birth control pills. I am taking pain meds every day which are becoming ineffective.I've been reading up as much as I can about my options.I know that I can continue to have surgeries but at what point should I consider a hysterectomy/I don't want to do it before I have to but I'm not sure that I'm up for having surgery every 18 months or so either.I have an appointment the GYN on the 12th,I'm just trying to get as much info and advice before I go in and see her.I'm only 29 but I have three children and have my tubes tied so that doesn't factor in.Does having the hysterectomy help with the endo if you choose to keep your ovaries?Any advice would be helpful thank you in advance Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
    samlee990
    (female)

samlee990 HB User
    Re: Trying to decide if hysterectomy is my best option any advice

Hi my name is Samantha and ive recently had a hysterectomy which i had to have after my second child was born April of this year.Like you i also had a lot of of problems i truelly hated period time as i was always in so much pain.I still have my overies and no i dont have any pain the hysterectomy was the best thing that i could of ever done ive never felt more healther in my life.And as you said you have had your tubes tird which means your done having children.It honestly will leave you pain free but i will say one thing i know its a hard decission make and its only you that can but if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
    HeatherM77
    (female)

HeatherM77 HB User

Thanks for your reply Samantha,Take care Heather

Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
    samlee990
    (female)

samlee990 HB User

Please let us know how it goes on the 12th with your appointment.

Closed Thread