It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board

• Help! Hysterectomy, Rectocele, and Cystocele Repair

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #16
    aleet7
    (female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
    Re: Help! Hysterectomy, Rectocele, and Cystocele Repair

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boodle2 View Post
    I am just wondering what everyones symptoms were. I am having this feeling of always having to have a bowel movement CONSTANTLY!! and it is very uncomfortable, does anyone else have the same symptom?
    With a rectocele there's a feeling of not being able to void completely or rectal pressure, constipation or pain. I guess if you feel as if you have to go all the time that could very well be a rectocele(rectal pressure). I feel as if I don't finish, or like I still have to go after I went. Have you seen your doc about it? At first I didn't have any symptoms of rectocele. Now I recognize that the feeling that I never finish is a symptom.

Best Wishes,
    Aleet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
    aleet7
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bemur55 View Post
    You are quite welcome! I hope it goes as well for you as it seems to have for me. I go for a post-op checkup in 2 weeks - I'll let you know how that goes! Keep me posted on your progress as well. When do you go in?
    Best,
    Barb
    Hi Barb!
    How are you feeling these days? Did you have your post op check up yet? I decided to try the pessary ring(sighing). I'm really sort of in limbo because my doc is making me do so many tests(costly tests), even pelvic floor therapy and I'm at my wits end because the pressure and aching is so bothersome! I wonder if he trying to make money off me since he knows what my problem is! Oh well, I hope that you are doing good.:-)

Aleet

Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #18
    boodle2
    (female)

boodle2 HB Userboodle2 HB User

Yes, I have seen a Doc, he did a fistula repair and the feeling went away for 2 months, but it is now back! I had a colonoscopy (which thankfully was normal) and now we are going to do that test where you have an x-ray of your pelvic floor muscles taken. He and I together will just keep pluggin along until we figure out what is wrong and hopefully soon!!

Thank you

Old 02-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #19
    aleet7
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boodle2 View Post
    Yes, I have seen a Doc, he did a fistula repair and the feeling went away for 2 months, but it is now back! I had a colonoscopy (which thankfully was normal) and now we are going to do that test where you have an x-ray of your pelvic floor muscles taken. He and I together will just keep pluggin along until we figure out what is wrong and hopefully soon!!

Thank you
    Isn't it frustrating trying to find the answers? My doc told me on my first visit that I have a prolapsed uterus, cystocele and rectocele. Now he's saying that he's not sure what to do(after he told me that he can fix this with the sling procedure)? I've gone through so many tests and right now I'm not sure what to do but try a pessary which I'm not looking forward to. I hope that we both can get some answers and relief......soon!!!!

Aleet

Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #20
    Clancey
    (female)

Clancey HB User

Hi Aleet 7,

I think the best thing to do is to not rush into this. I had endometriosis and the Dr. suggested a complete hysterectomy. I sure wish that I had waited and checked out other alternatives. If your uterus is in good shape, my suggestion is, keep it. It also helps to support other organs. Once gone, so is the support. There are so many different things that can happen, doesn't mean it will, but it's best to be prepared. Check out people that have had complete hysterectomies.
    Take care,
    Clancey

Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #21
    aleet7
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clancey View Post
    Hi Aleet 7,

I think the best thing to do is to not rush into this. I had endometriosis and the Dr. suggested a complete hysterectomy. I sure wish that I had waited and checked out other alternatives. If your uterus is in good shape, my suggestion is, keep it. It also helps to support other organs. Once gone, so is the support. There are so many different things that can happen, doesn't mean it will, but it's best to be prepared. Check out people that have had complete hysterectomies.
    Take care,
    Clancey
    Hi Clancey,
    my problem is that I want to keep my uterus! I've been to three ob-gyns and two of them told me to have a hysterectomy! I had an ultrasound and I have no cysts, fibroid, cancer(pap) or anything! My last doc is a urogynocologist and he told me that I have pelvic organ prolapse but he is ordering so many tests. Later he tells me that he wants me to have pelvic floor therapy! Why? What good is pelvic floor therapy going to do to a 2nd degree prolapsed uterus, cystocele and rectocele? It's all very frustrating because I've been suffering with pelvic aching and pressure since October and I want help! I'm sorry for the rant but I unequivocably do not want a hysterectomy if I can keep my uterus. I've read many posts and talked to family members with total hysterectomies and all of them told me NOt to do if I don't have to. Thanks for replying.
    Aleet7

Closed Thread