It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board

• Cystocele, rectocele, vaginal hysterectomy, urethropexy, culpopexy... 7 days post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
    painintherectum
    (female)

painintherectum HB User
    Cystocele, rectocele, vaginal hysterectomy, urethropexy, culpopexy... 7 days post op

Cystocele, rectocele, vaginal hysterectomy, urethropexy, culpopexy .....7 daus post op...if i didnt have the rectocele repair i dont think i would even know i had anything done....except that i am having to cath once a day to check for residual....advice before surgery...do, take a laxative 3 days prior and do stay on a soft diet thereafter....first BM was like having my third child....after surgery do take pain meds on schedule, do have glycerin suppositories on hand if the feces get stuck on the other side of the suture line....do sit for a long time and allow more time for bladder emptying....do take ur stool softener on schedule...
    Now...i am having a mucousy no odor discharge which they say are sutures dissolving....and again...got contipated despite all measures....7 days post op...they say all is normal
    I am looking forward to sex in six weeks...plan on lots of "personal" lubricant...and a patient man....hope i am not disappointed since i my surgeon trained with the vaginal rejuvenation doctor on Dr. 90210....this better be worth it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
    Brocallie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
    Re: Cystocele, rectocele, vaginal hysterectomy, urethropexy, culpopexy... 7 days post

Wow, sounds like you got an "extreme downstairs makeover!" Glad you're so positive and doing so well!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
    Jeannietir
    (female)

Jeannietir HB User
    Unhappy Re: Cystocele, rectocele, vaginal hysterectomy, urethropexy, culpopexy... 7 days post

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post on this site. I have been suffering some time with what my gyn told me is rectocele. The thing is I've been doing some reading on line,....many are describing the problem with having the feeling of having to have a bm and not being able to. That is not my problem...I get pressure, unbearable pressure, it feels like I'm about to deliver a baby but through my "taint" area....you know..t'aint my vagina, and t'aint my rectum...the area in the middle. I also get pain in my lower vagina. Did anyone else suffer this way? I have started calling these issues my attacks. The attack last about 45 minutes. Can anyone direct me with a link to a discussion just on rectocele? I really want to learn more about it. My gyn said it is a hernia in the rectum wall, that presses into the vagina area, and the only cure is surgery. Please help.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #4
    Jeannietir
    (female)

Jeannietir HB User
    Re: Cystocele, rectocele, vaginal hysterectomy, urethropexy, culpopexy... 7 days post

Hi Pain,
    I hope you are doing better. Who did your surgery, gyn, or urology? I am tryng to find some information for myself...as you can seen in previous post.
    Please keep me updated on your progress. I am not looking forward to this, but I really am discussed with these attacks. I have no forwarding and they come whenever they want. I don't know what to do to stop them, or lessen them. they are very painful. I have increased my fiber intake and my bm have been soft..but I still get the attacks. thanks for listening. I am open to anyone's thoughts or suggestions on this matter.
    thank you

Old 11-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
    painintherectum
    (female)

painintherectum HB User

I had a urogynecologist recommended by my gynecologist....i really did not need or want the hysterectomy but my uterus was in the way of everything else i needed done

today has been better...more advice....take it easy....dont do things just because u feel like it!!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
    painintherectum
    (female)

painintherectum HB User

jean
    what sounds like is happening is stool is getting stuck in the herniation and u cannot push it out....some people have to splint by putting their finger in their vagina posteriorly to push the stool out the rectum...sounds graphic...but it is very common....ask your doctor about amitiza....it really helped me get stools softer and easier to pass

Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
    painintherectum
    (female)

painintherectum HB User

I want to hear from anyone who has had similar procedures and how they are....some of these post op reports are scaring me....has anybody done well?....the sex after rectocele repair thread was very scary!!

Last edited by painintherectum; 11-27-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 AM   #8
    Jeannietir
    (female)

Jeannietir HB User

Hi Pain,
    Passing the feces doesn't seem to be a problem, I actually go two o three times each morning. They are always soft. After the third time I never get the feeling of having to go again, or anything being stuck. It's so fustrating.
    One time I had one of the attacks AFTER I went, when it seems to me the pressure should have been relieved. I hope we hear from others, cause the things I read sound awful. My job is dog grooming and I lift dogs anywhere from 5 to 50+ on a daily basic. I do get help with the heavier ones.
    Hope you're feeling better!
    Jeannie

Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
    painintherectum
    (female)

painintherectum HB User

do you still have ur uterus?...it must be dropping down somehow and causing the pain or pinching a nerve or something...it is unusual that u still have pain even after a BM..my problem was i just never went unless i took a laxative or pushed it out manually...also, i am sure one of the reasons i even had the rectocele was because i lift things all the time i shouldnt plus have been chronically constipated all of my life....not to mention pushing out two babies when i probably should have had a section

I am now 10 days post op....got diarrhea from the antibiotics..thats been fun...BUT at least things are feeling more normal in the urination department...did not have to cath at all yesterday....i did too much yesterday putting up christmas decorations and stuff....that is my main challenge is not doing stuff i feel like doing when i feel like it....my doctor just said no heavy lifting...well my dog weighs 16 lbs and he doesnt feel heavy to me...so im kind of using him as measure....going to the store and standing for long periods is a problem....i had planned to go back to work 3 weeks post and stand most of the time....dont think i will be doing it all day...maybe just in the afternoons...im the sole provider in a family practice clinic and it gets hectic sometimes...

Last edited by painintherectum; 11-29-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added info

Old 12-01-2007, 05:19 AM   #10
    Jeannietir
    (female)

Jeannietir HB User

The only issue my gyn mentioned regarding my uterus was it is slightly tilted, but I have heard that, that is normal. I will be fifty in Jan. My cycle is like clockwork. I have two children, delivered vaginally. I don't get this thing that I have going on. I believe that there is a hernia in there cause I have felt it when trying to easy the pain. Believe me I've tried everything when that attack kicks in.
    It sounds to me that you need to take it a bit easier...you don't want to pop a stitch or anything. My best to you.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #11
    aleet7
    (female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User

Hi!
    I've been looking for someone like you to post about this!!!Yesterday I was diagnosed with a cystocele, rectocele and prolapsed uterus! Two other OBgyn's only diagnosed me with a prolapsed uterus. Anyway, I am scared to death right now because so much is going on in my life while I have to consider having this mesh procedure(gynecare prolift) done! All that I am reading is about older women having this problem(I'm 43).

I felt some relief reading about your post. I too hope that the sex is great after!

Your post is very informative. Thank you for sharing!!!!

Aleet7

Old 12-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
    lala-whatsnext
    Inactive
    (female)

lala-whatsnext HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aleet7 View Post
    Hi!
    I've been looking for someone like you to post about this!!!Yesterday I was diagnosed with a cystocele, rectocele and prolapsed uterus! Two other OBgyn's only diagnosed me with a prolapsed uterus. Anyway, I am scared to death right now because so much is going on in my life while I have to consider having this mesh procedure(gynecare prolift) done! All that I am reading is about older women having this problem(I'm 43).

I felt some relief reading about your post. I too hope that the sex is great after!

Your post is very informative. Thank you for sharing!!!!

Aleet7
    Did you have your surgery? How did it go? I am having mine next week using the gynecare prolift also. I am so nervous about this. I would love to hear from you.
    La-la

Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #13
    aleet7
    (female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lala-whatsnext View Post
    Did you have your surgery? How did it go? I am having mine next week using the gynecare prolift also. I am so nervous about this. I would love to hear from you.
    La-la
    Hi Lala!
    I don't find out the date for my surgery(gynecare prolift) until Jan.10th. when I have my last urethral pressure test. I'm praying that your surgery is a success! I would love to hear from you when you are well enough to reply.

Best Wishes!
    Aleet7

Old 01-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
    Leah34
    (female)

Leah34 HB User

I was diagnosed with rectocele, cystocele, and prolapsed uterus 6 months ago. I would like to hear from others what sex is like after pelvic reconstructive surgery; to correct cystocele, rectocele, and hysterectomy. I am 34 and have to children already. My symptoms at this time are: I just feel all stretched out vaginally and vaginal pressure, and sharp pains occasionally down both of my legs. I would love to hear good or bad, post operatively, others that have had surgery done. Trying to figure out if I should have the surgery now. Or wait it out until symptoms get more substantial. Thank you very much. Leah

Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #15
    Leah34
    (female)

Leah34 HB User

What is your doctors name? Is he in Ca? I am looking for a good surgeon for rectocelle, cystocelle, and hysterectomy. thanks. leah

Closed Thread