It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board

• Hysteroscopy and D&C Scheduled - Getting cold feet!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #16
    jrose1358
    (female)

jrose1358 HB User
    Re: Hysteroscopy and D&C Scheduled - Getting cold feet!

Thank you so much yef! It is over and all went very well. I remember feeling tired in the OR and then next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. Very minor pain, bleeding is already slowing down, no nausea thanks to the anti-nausea meds. Can't believe I got so worked up. Doc said that everything looked completely normal and so I will wait for pathology but I'm not worried about it at all. I will relax the rest of the day and be about my business tomorrow. Thank you again for your wonderful support. You are an angel jrose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
    I remember feeling tired in the OR and then next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. Very minor pain, bleeding is already slowing down, no nausea thanks to the anti-nausea meds.

That's exactly what my experience was, each time. I'm glad it all worked out well for you!

Isn't it the weirdest thing when they give you the sleepy meds? It's like, one minute you're awake but getting a little sleepy and the next thing you know, you're waking up in recovery! I don't even remember falling asleep! It's such a strange feeling! They usually don't do full general anesthesia because it's not necessary, but they use Versed and something else I forget what it's called. Versed is great stuff! It knocks you out and then you wake up pretty soon afterwards. It's not a long term anesthesia. I have found that the 3 times they did it with Versed, I was up and walking around feeling fine the next day but the one time they used general, it took me about 3 days to feel like I could get out of bed. General anesthesia does a number on me, it just exhausts me. So I'm glad they choose the lighter stuff for this particular procedure.

I had general that one time because I had an overly cautious anesthesiologist who was concerned that my GERD would cause me to aspirate during the procedure. But I told him I would be fine! I guess he was just covering his butt or something but I didn't like it. I hate general anesthesia, it really knocks me on my butt in a bad way. I think most of my family has the same reaction.

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well!

Last edited by Kszan; 05-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #18
    yef
    (female)

yef HB User

Quote:
    Thank you so much yef! It is over and all went very well. I remember feeling tired in the OR and then next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. Very minor pain, bleeding is already slowing down, no nausea thanks to the anti-nausea meds. Can't believe I got so worked up. Doc said that everything looked completely normal and so I will wait for pathology but I'm not worried about it at all. I will relax the rest of the day and be about my business tomorrow. Thank you again for your wonderful support. You are an angel jrose
    Yippee that it's over jrose!!! I ran to my computer this morning to see if you felt well enough to respond to my message. I think the worst part, for me, was the anticipation of everything and not knowing. So happy that part is over and please, let us know when you get your results.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
    jrose1358
    (female)

jrose1358 HB User

Thanks Kszan, thanks again yef. I will keep you posted on results. Probably won't hear for about 10 days but will post the minute I find out anything. you guys are the BEST!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #20
    yef
    (female)

yef HB User

Quote:
    Thanks Kszan, thanks again yef. I will keep you posted on results. Probably won't hear for about 10 days but will post the minute I find out anything. you guys are the BEST!
    Hi jrose:
    Just checking in to see if you have your results yet ... been thinking of you!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
    jrose1358
    (female)

jrose1358 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yef View Post
    Hi jrose:
    Just checking in to see if you have your results yet ... been thinking of you!
    Oh thanks so much, yef. I was out of town last week without internet connection. I just got back from my post-op appointment and all is well. Everything is benign and normal. He said probably some hormone issues that we will investigate. So yea! Thanks again everyone for all of your wonderful support. You were a god-send. Blessings

Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #22
    yef
    (female)

yef HB User

Quote:
    Everything is benign and normal. He said probably some hormone issues that we will investigate. So yea!
    YIPPEEE !!!! Every day I went to the board to see what was going on. Great news and so happy everything turned out okay!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #23
    jrose1358
    (female)

jrose1358 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yef View Post
    YIPPEEE !!!! Every day I went to the board to see what was going on. Great news and so happy everything turned out okay!
    You truly are an angel

Closed Thread