It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board

• uterine fibroids

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
    sss67
    (female)

sss67 HB User
    uterine fibroids

I am 43 years old and I have one fibroid in my uterus of about 8 cm of size.I have so many symptoms of pre menopause like, itching in whole body, dryness, vaginal dryness,loss of sexual interest,headache,irregular menstrual period(sometimes heavy sometimes low) etc. If menopause occurs ,fibroid will shrink or not? and if it remains will this create problem in future? or I should undergo for removal of uterus through surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
    Re: uterine fibroids

Hi I too had 3 fibroids mine weren't very big and actually the dr was surprised I felt them. I had read they shrink or go away after menopause, so I said I would hang on until then even though I kept getting side pain. They did shrink and actually 2 appeared to be gone. However, a few years after menopause, I kept getting side pain. I truly thought it was appendicits. Nothing showed up on any test so I endured the pain which came and went. The last two years were miserable and I even went to the ER a few times to be sent home after being told nothing was wrong. In a period of 4 weeks I developed a cyst. The dr said he would do a hysterectomy if I wanted. I was all for it as long as they took my appendix. The cyst was gone but I had fibroids and some cysts. in my fallopeon tubes. It has been almost 4 months and I am so delighted. No more pain.

Closed Thread