It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board

• Vagina changed after Hysterectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
    CuringMyself
    (female)

CuringMyself HB User
    Vagina changed after Hysterectomy

I don't know what to do, and feel very embarrassed. I haven't been with a man in years now do to this problem. My vagina has been falling forward after a full hyst. and also due to chronic constipation my vagina seems to be widened. I have tried doing the kegels but to no avail. Is there a surgery or some other advise to fix this? All advise wanted. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
    pfe
    (female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User
    Re: Vagina changed after Hysterectomy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CuringMyself View Post
    I don't know what to do, and feel very embarrassed. I haven't been with a man in years now do to this problem My vagina has been falling forward after a full hyst. and also due to chronic constipation my vagina seems to be widened. I have tried doing the kegels but to no avail. Is there a surgery or some other advise to fix this? All advise wanted. Thanks.
    Have you been to any kind of doctor for advice regarding whether the changes following the hysterectomy are "normal" and for advice regarding the constipation?

It's not fair that you feel you can't have a loving relationship with the right man. I would suggest dating and meanwhile seeking advice from a gynecologist and/or GI doctor. When you meet the right person, he'll want to be with you regardless, but hopefully you can find some medical answers in the meantime.

If you think the constipation could be due to a medication, perhaps you could discuss this side effect with the doctor who prescribed it.

I, too, have battled constipation (antidepressants made it worse, but I haven't been on those in years) and I'm going to try psyllium fiber (working slowly up to 3 tsp. per day) and a gluten-free diet, as those seem to be the most common advice.

I hope you get more responses.

Closed Thread