It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board

• Help figuring out EBV test results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
    Mariel410
    (female)

Mariel410 HB User
    Question Help figuring out EBV test results

This is my first post here on this site. I have been sick for about 8 months now. 8 months ago I was diagnosed with strep, and came up positive for it a month after that as well. I was recently tested again, and I no longer have strep.

I am having the same symptoms I had with strep still though. My whole neck is inflamed and swollen almost constantly. I don't have a fever, it's actually the opposite...I am freezing all the time. My throat is extremely sore all the time. I am coughing up large amounts of phlegm and have a constant drip from my nose to my throat all the time, which my doctor said looked like a waterfall. I am very fatigued and have barely been able to work. I also have been having severe knee pain and shooting pains up my legs. I have something that resembles the symptoms of rosacea, where my face burns and turns bright red around my nose and cheeks.

Recently I had a blood test that showed I had some elevated antibodies for Epstein Barr Virus. These were my results:
    EBV Ab VCA, IgG: 73.9
    EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, IgG: 460.0

Could anyone help me to understand what these results mean? No other EBV tests were out of range, only these. I am very concerned, as I feel extremely sick almost constantly and it has been a very long time now.

Are these symptoms normal for someone dealing with EBV? Or do you think I have another autoimmune condition? I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at age 15, but when I cut gluten out of my diet, many of my symptoms went away. I feel like some of them are coming back now. I also have severe chemical sensitivities and environmental allergies, but no other food allergies that I am aware of yet, other than to dairy and gluten.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    autoimmune, autoimmune disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, epstein barr (ebv), fibromyalgia