It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board

High alkaline phosphatase and joint pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
squirrely1
(female)

squirrely1 HB User
High alkaline phosphatase and joint pain

This is a little long, so please bear with me. I have CVID, along with selective IgA, IgM and IgE deficiencies. In the last year I've had joint pain (but no stiffness), fatigue, and elevated alkaline phosphatase that's coming from my bones. I tested negative for rheumatoid arthritis, although I have almost no immune system, so I often get false negatives on any tests that involve antibodies. The rheumatologist I started seeing noticed joint inflammation and has ordered more tests.

My concern is that the rheumatologist will decide I have seronegative rheumatoid arthritis because the other tests are negative, when that might not actually be the case. I don't want to take medication that could fry my liver unless it is absolutely necessary.

I have two sisters with celiac disease, which I know can cause joint pain, but my test was negative. However, the test looked at IgG and/or IgA reactions. My IgG is 90 (I'm going back on IVIG soon - long story) and IgA is too low to be detected. The doctors I have seen (GP, immunologist, rheumatologist) seem to brush off that possibility.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had high alkaline phosphatase and joint pain, and, if so, what was causing it.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply