It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board

• low lymphocyte mitogen response test ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
    greyzak
    (female)

greyzak HB User
    low lymphocyte mitogen response test ???

Hello,
    I haven't posted on this board before but I have had a long-standing question regarding the test mentioned in my subject line.

I had this test a couple years ago and it came back at 21 when it is supposed to be over 50. I also had a TB skin test and it was labeled anergic.

Does anyone know what this means? I know my immune system isn't working well, but what is the significance of this? Is it bad?

I have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since 1997 and I know it usually affects a person's immune system.

I've been wondering about this because I am having more problems with recurrent infections, especially if I've been under stress. Right now I am in the 7th week of the worst flare I've ever had. I am also having symptoms that could be MS and have a spot on my MRI that is suspicious for MS. I will be getting a test on my spinal fluid within the next week or so. But I am very interested in finding out if there are any connections between my immune problems, the CFS and the possible MS.

Does anyone know anything about this?

I have also tested positive for EBV, CMV and HHV-6 which I know most people have been infected with, but with an immune system that may not be keeping them(and others?) in line, what could happen to me?

Any help from anyone would be so appreciated!

Thank you,
    Suzette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread