It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board

• Dermatitis and High Value of Thymol Test

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2005, 06:25 AM   #1
    ryu1977
    (male)

ryu1977 HB User
    Dermatitis and High Value of Thymol Test

Dear all

I am male 28 years old, basically healthy. I had posted similar posting in the other board about blood disorder, but I think I also could get useful replies from this board.

Last March, I asked my doctor to do CBC and Blood Clotting test for me because I want to rule out Leukemia from my gingival bleeding (which was diagnosed as gingivitis by my dentist). Everything came back normally in normal range, unfortunatelly my Duke bleeding time test was slightly longer (range 1-5 minutes, mine was 6 minutes). The other values was normal (including platelets,prothrombin time and aPTP).

Because I was trapped in anxiety, I decided to go to hematologist in April, to ask about the prolonged bleeding time. He sent me to do CBC with diff, liver function test, and renal function test. Again it came back normally, except 2 items , my Thymol turbidity test was higher than normal 13.3 Kunk (normal < 8 Kunk), and my Zinc Sulfate turbidity test was 12.4 (normal <12 Kunk). My hematologist only said I should not be worry because the values were only slightly high, perhaps due to infections. He also said I am healthy.

Back to my apartment, I searched from internet, the high value of thymol turbidity and zinc sulfate turbidity could come from serious problems such as liver diseases, liver cancer, multiple myeloma, etc. however it also could come from less serious problem such as chronic infections. I also noticed that high value of TTT and ZTT means high immunoglobulin (IgE,IgG and their friends )

I have mild dermatitis since Nov 2004 (skin problem), according to my dermatologist due to hypersensitivity to dry weather and low humidity in my first winter (I just came from tropical country but starting to live in subtropical country now). It could be controlled with topical steroids (mometasone) but not 100% cured until now.

Could my dermatitis have relation with this TTT and ZTT test?

Please if anyone has experience or explanation about TTT and ZTT test I will really appreciate that.

Other question is about dry skin. Is it normal to have problem like me? eczema because low humidity. I asked my friends, during winter some got itch but did not develop to become dermatitis/eczema like me.

I am a little bit nervous for the last one month. I really want to ask for another blood test, but I am not sure if the result will be different as long as my dermatitis is still there.

thank you very much

sincerely

Last edited by ryu1977; 05-17-2005 at 06:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread