It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board

• Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
    mommygiraffe
    (female)

mommygiraffe HB User
    Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

I just posted in another thread, but I was wondering who else can tell me about MCTD? I am 40, I've been sick for nine years, but had Behcet's before that when I was fourteen which went into remission. I have horrible muscle and joint pain, low grade fevers, diabetes, acid reflux, my espoghas may be narrowing, I'm having an endoscopy Feb 8. My ana is 1:1280, i think it said speckled, and I have a positive anti-rmp. My first rheumy thought I had something autoimmune but wouldn't put a name to it. Then two years ago he decided it was Ra, yea, a dx. Then a year later I had a rash on my arms and couldn't get Remicade, his partner, a young woman who is wonderful ran more testing and came back with lupus, Nov05. Now this Dec, a year later, she sent me to the Uof Pa for a second opinion. This Rheumy took me off Prednisone, and thought it was just Fibro and Behcet's, but ran more lupus/autoimmune bloodwork just to be sure. She called me with these results, the ana and anti rmp above. I go back on Feb 26 to see what the next steps are, I just wondered if anyone had any experience with this. I'm on imuran, plaquenil, getting of prednisone, and I had rituxan in May. I've had remicade a few times until that rash, change in dx. The UofPa rheumy thought that that my lupus dx, from an antiDNA test and others was due to the remicade giving me drug induced lupus, which would be gone now, she says. Phew. Iwent on and on. Sorry. Oh and I take Avinza, which is extended release morphine and neurontin. Plus diabetes meds and insulin, cymbalta, remeron, abilify, protonix, requip. That's it except for vitamins. All in all I keep Rite Aid in buisness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
    music12
    Inactive
    (female)

music12 HB User
    Re: Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.

I think MCTD - Mixed Connective Tissue Disease - is a name they give to ailments that they have no idea what they actually are. I was given this diagnosis 17 years ago. It turns out I have (and had) Lyme Disease. I would check into this possibility as well, starting with the Lyme board here. What they are finding is that many illnesses, such as Lupus, MS, ALS, CFIDS, etc.... are turning out to be Lyme!

Last edited by music12; 01-24-2007 at 06:07 AM.

Closed Thread