It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Immune Disorders Message Board

• Wondering what I have..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
    Grambo
    Inactive
    (male)

Grambo HB User
    Wondering what I have..

Well I don't have a diagnosis because i've just recently had these symptoms arise.

Swollen neck lymph nodes(on and off pain),unwell feeling muscle aches and pains mostly in my legs, lower back and arms as well,joint pain, knees, hands and elbows, broken capillaries, red spots, headaches, fatigue that isn't relieved with sleep. tingeling and burning sensations(facial), skin problems, more recently palpitations, some facial swelling(edema) that I relate to dental work, Jaw loss on that same side, peripheral neuropathy like feelings.. I think part of the problem is something systemic, bumps in my mouth in that area where I feel irritation, Areas on my face and neck with loss of pigment(pallor). Itchyness, I feel like I'm missing something

I did have an extremely stressfull past 3 months, a combination of stopping drugs, physical trauama, emotional stress, and a possible infection.

ANA came up negative they wouldn't test for ENA without it. Rheumatoid factor was 0 and mono test was negative. I'm getting tested for HLA-B27 and lyme titers just to cover all areas..

I'm not sure what I have a few doctors have suspected something autoimmune I did get testd for HIV that came up negative but it is far from conclusive at 6-8 weeks. I plan on getting retested for that in the 2 weeks just to make sure that's not causing my problems, maybe catching something like HCV triggered this combined with all the stresses..

I do have low Ig's(immunglobulins) and from what I understand most autoimmune diseases have high levels of Ig due to an overactive immune system. IgG is 6.84 with a range of 6.8-18.0 IgA 1.23 0.60-4.20, IgM 0.30 0.40-3.00

I have bloodwork for lyme disease as well as HLA-B27, ultrasound for my liver, and a MRI for my head and neck.

If anyone has any clue what I have that would help I know most autoimmune diseases effect everyone differently so it's hard to just figure something out? Any possible tests or information would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Grambo; 09-04-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
    SPK001
    (female)

SPK001 HB User
    Re: Wondering what I have..

Are you still having the symptoms listed below and if you are... I may be able to help with some answers to your questions?

Last edited by SPK001; 01-25-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: mispelled word

Old 01-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
    Jackson Mahoney
    (male)

Jackson Mahoney HB User

Hi SPK, I have similar symptoms, wondering what you think...

Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
    SPK001
    (female)

SPK001 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jackson Mahoney View Post
    Hi SPK, I have similar symptoms, wondering what you think...
    Hi Jackson, I have suffered 6 years from a simple visit to a dental office. I have done much research into the dental industry and and it's intricacy's and have uncovered much the public does not realize. Please tell me more about your specific issues and maybe I can be more specific and informative in my response to you. Thinking back ....did you have any dental visits that kicked off your symptoms?

Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
    Tlove
    (female)

Tlove HB User

Hi!, I have been recently diagnosed with polymyositis which is an autoimmune disease That I never heard of until I got it. I did have alot of the symptoms that your describing. My face was swollen I had mucsle aches ,especially in my legs ,swollen lymph glands in my groin, I was itchy, I had a rash around my neck, I was very tired, my joints hurt and got very swollen. They started one by one ruling things out.I was hospitalized for 2 weeks, and had numerous tests done. Everything came back negative until they did an EMG which is a muscle test. That came back bad, and they suspected myositis. They did a muscle biopsy to determine that it was myositis. Positive. It's a very rare disease and it has alot of similar symptoms of other autoimmune diseases. I also had fluttering in my heart. Which is a symptom. Maybe you can mention this to you DR. I hope this can help you in some way!! Keep posting! FEEL GOOD! TLOVE

Old 06-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
    BrittleBones
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

The lack of pigmentation in certain areas on the body along with all the other symptoms sounds like scleroderma. I have that as well.

Closed Thread