It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

Alergic to one's urine?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 148
kato HB User
Alergic to one's urine?

I am just starting to experience incontinence and every so often leak a bit. I have noticed a rash-like skin area that itches terribly on my inner thighs. At first I though this was "crotch rot" that I might be picking up at my gym. The more this happens the more I think it is related to the small leaking that takes place from time to time. I have taken every precaution at the gym not to pick up a rash or germs. Because of the timing, my guess is that it is due to leakage. Does anyone else have this problem? Could the chemical make-up of urine cause the rash and itchiness that develops after 12-14 hours? Thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 12-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Phila.
Posts: 6
chestnut7718 HB User
Re: Alergic to one's urine?

Whenever my adult diapers leak on the inner thigh there is the chance of a rash. Do you use adult diapers all the time as I do? DO you wear a single brief for 12 hours?

Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
rosier's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: kansas city missouri usa
Posts: 307
rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Alergic to one's urine?

Please make an appointment to a gyno and get it checked out. it is not an allergy to one's urine, you have leakage and other things going on and need a doctor to check it. out. Please let us know what you find out. Hugs for today.

Never give up.

Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,923
MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Alergic to one's urine?

Urine is acidic and could very well be causing a rash on your inner thighs...You should talk to your primary care physician or Urologist, whomever you are most comfortable with to discuss. There are creams you can use which will clear this right up, but you'll need a script.
You may also find that changing your briefs everytime you feel leakage might help this from happening.

Best to you!
RRMS- dx 05

Reply With Quote
The following user gives a hug of support to MSNik:
rosier (07-19-2017)
Reply Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!