It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

New to the world of leaking!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2018, 01:53 AM   #1
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User
New to the world of leaking!

Hi all I'm 55 and living with messed up body syndrome. I injured my foot at my job which ended all physical activity for me for 3 years. Suddenly new doctor knows exactly whats wrong and I'm good to go. Out of shape but couldn't wait to go hiking. I felt natures call and afterwards I leaked the rest of the hike. I was perplexed what was happening.

For the time was hurt I fell 4 times and my hip seems to be out (this has happened before I have instability in my hip joint). My insurance is sucky and it was never addressed I have nerve pain and numbness in my hip and on my leg to my knee. Now piniforis, glut pain and numbness in the glut, I have severe pain when I bend from the waist kind of in the ovary region. I have a mound of swelling above the genital area on lower abdomen.

I wondering if the hip problems and incontinence are related. It happened again today, almost 2 weeks later. I couldn't even feel the leaking happen. I've have numbness and can't feel my bladder fullness when I'm sitting but it followed the same pattern of rushing using the restroom then the leak starts.

I noticed that its hard to push all the urine out. Dr ordered an ultrasound, just had a physical and everything was fine until I went hiking.

Any ideas. I went home and cried thinking I have cancer, and bummed that my life feels like its on hold again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User
Re: New to the world of leaking!

I woke with an epiphany that pelvic swelling, incontinence and really hard fall I had on my back about a month ago are related. Went to chiro who would not adjust me and said I need an MRI. Went to Dr who immediately sent me to the ER for an MRI. ER demands payment before MRI even though I have insurance. Dr tells me to get the ultrasound while we wait. But 1st Dr forgot to get authorization.

At least no one has said your problem is you need to younger!

Last edited by Hannah1492; 01-26-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
Harri3t
Senior Veteran
(female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’ve never heard of going through the ER to get an MRI. That seems wasteful and expensive to get them involved. When my dr orders special tests I go to the dept. that handles the test at the hospital, or the stand alone testing centers they’ve set up. No trip through the ER is necessary.

In general, I’d expect anything but routine xrays and lab work would need pre approval. It’s all about cost containment these days and MRIs, etc. are expensive. Pre-authorization is always handled by my doctors office. The test is then scheduled by the appropriate dept and they call me in a few days to tell me when to come in.

It sounds like you need the testing so I’d call you doctor ask them to handle the insurance authorization. If you don’t hear back say within a week, call the insurance company yourself and find out where the process is at and go from there. It’s easy to expect all the paperwork to be shuffled by those who order it but sometimes you need to take the bull by the horns yourself. The alternative is to just sit there and suffer.

Good luck and I hope you’ll get the testing you need soon.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:47 AM   #4
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

Thanks Harri3t! Didn't expect to see you here! I'm learning, I called the insurance who explained she needed to put urgent on the request. My real dr suddenly disappeared so he never got my messages.

I just can't wait to find out what I have, it seems so strange to me.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

I'm no longer feeling well. I sleep nearly all day, feel weak when I stand. Only eat for the energy. I made the happy but dismanying discovery that I've lost 17 lbs his month.

So I will see if my pelvic scan is improved, if not go to urgent care.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

Still waiting...
No approval of pelvic ultrasound or MRI. They promised it would be approved this week. I'm guessing it won't. I see the dr on Tuesday (a new one) asking to be put on disability.

Feel like my life is on hold.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #7
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

I'm getting my MRI with contrast in 16 days, getting ultrasound probably just on my kidney soooooon. Very nervous and anxious. Doc put me on disability to I do all these drs appointments.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #8
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

Cancelled MRI, contrast contains a chemical that destroys the kidneys but most people are able to regenerate in a few days. Sigh just have to wait until I can afford a holistic or get a good chiro.

Reply Reply