It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

  • 19 and having problems

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
    Join Date: Jul 2018
    Posts: 3
    Bh04 HB User
    19 and having problems

    Hi Iím a 19 year old female and have struggled with incontinence since I was maybe 14. Itís always happened to me when I cough a lot, sneeze, or laugh too hard. However, I had heard women had that problem and brushed it off as just s thing that happens. I lost my virginity when I was 18 and noticed the past year and a half of being active has been more painful than pleasureful. Itís very painful and times and has ruined the experience to the point where Iíve contemplated something being wrong. A couple months back, I was very sick for a long while and had bronchitis which led to pneumonia followed by the flu, only to get better then develop bronchitis again. That said, I coughed a lot and my pelvic floor virtually disappeared. I got to where if I was at home I would keep my pants off and sit on a towel because it was so bad. I have had a pretty regular history of UTIs so I am usually pretty good about getting my urine checked and noticing any changes. That said, I have still not figured out my problem. I mentioned it to plenty of doctors and most didnít mind it and finally one reassured me it was not normal for my age considering I have never had a baby and referred me to a urologist. I switched health insurance and must go through
    The process again to get the referral. In the meantime, any ideas?

    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 AM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 12,858
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 19 and having problems

    Your doctor was right to send you to a urologist. Pelvic floor problems can be really embarrassing and you need to get this handled as you are way too young for this. What you are describing doesnt usually happen until menopause.

    There are exercises (kegals) you can do, laser machines which can tighten the pelvic floor- even surgery to fix this. I would suggest you ONLY deal with a female urologist, which is tough to find, but in my own personal experience- I went through 3 male urologists (in tears) before I found a woman who was both a urologist and a pelvic floor specialist who has helped me. I just went through the laser procedure, which was done 3 times, 6 weeks apart and I am seeing a huge difference already; but I am in my 50s and this was not covered by insurance.

    Good luck. I am sorry you are going through this.
    RRMS- dx 05

    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 PM.

    © 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!