It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Incontinence Message Board

• 6 weeks after surgery still incontinent

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #1
    Brewster102
    (male)

Brewster102 HB User
    6 weeks after surgery still incontinent

I had radical robotic prostatectomy 6 weeks ago today. Catheter came out
    after a week. From the first night after it came out, I did alright sitting and
    sleeping, but when standing almost nothing stays in. When I am on my feet over two hours, it starts to burn my penis--drinking plenty water mitigates this somewhat, except more pads are getting filled. I was put on a regimen of morning and evening kegels of 3 sets of 10 short bursts, and 3 sets of 10 holding for 5 seconds--but still no improvement. I go back for my 6 week follow up in two days, my blood test of a week ago shows less than .02 psa which is
    good if it stays that way. Saw the doctor two weeks ago and he told me there
    was plenty of time and to keep up with the kegels. Any one else out there had a similar timeline and eventually got some progress? I don't know if I should be going to regular therapy, I will ask about that when I see the Dr. in two days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply